The Alliance Data Summer Internship Experience is a paid, 12-week program from May 18th-Aug 7th. Housing is provided if needed.
Marketing Strategy Intern:
The marketing strategy team partners with New Business and Client Partnership Teams to develop and deliver strategic marketing and selling strategies that compliment Alliance Data's product suite and selling philosophy. This team provides oversight and direction as they create and deliver compelling stories through effective materials and presentations that bring our strategies to life.
- Collaborate with Marketing Strategy strategists to understand the business needs of key brand partners or prospects and lead in gathering pertinent data or information that can be used to design marketing strategies and weave a compelling story.
- Create and deliver compelling and effective strategies by identifying key insights. Lead the development of presentation content that captures and conveys quantifiable business value for our clients, internal partners, and prospects. Presents findings, as needed, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work in the design of optimal cardholder benefits and marketing strategies in partnership with Marketing Strategy Strategist for our newest clients or as needed within existing credit programs by effectively partnering with internal stakeholders and providing strategic thought leadership
- Collaborate with marketing partners, review outcomes of completed proposals, projects and campaigns to assess effectiveness; constantly seek opportunities for process improvement and optimization
- Lead the collection and maintenance of a library of relevant, actionable proof points (including analytics, research and industry trend-driven insights) from past implementation of card services capabilities, project final recommendations and marketing strategies to support the creation of selling stories and best practices. Manages small-scale case study project requests and resolves any applicable issues for successful project completion
- Partner with the Client Sales Team by consulting during strategic account planning, by developing and delivering selling messages for new ideas/strategies
- Use and increase knowledge of credible data sources, industry journals, annual reports to conduct industry research, gather facts, and provide analysis of the collected information.
- Education: Pursuing BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or equivalent education/and or related experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in marketing, sales, market research, retail or loyalty marketing related classes
- Experience leading projects
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general marketing and marketing concepts and principles (target audience, competition, segmentation, offer/promotion strategies, multi-channel marketing)
- Ability to effectively facilitate brainstorming and work sessions with internal and external teams
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them concisely to a variety of audiences
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to emerging sales opportunities and business requirements
- Strong communication skills with the ability to summarize and present information in verbal, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from the internal team to client executives
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships, persuade others, and effectively contribute to discussions
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, providing ideas and innovative approaches for solving problems
- Capacity to leverage data (analytics, research, industry trends, financial modeling) to build proof points necessary to support selling stories, including the ability to obtain and interpret results
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and reliably support multiple simultaneous initiatives in a fast paced environment
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in collaborative team settings
- High-energy, make-it-happen attitude
Alliance Data card services
Alliance Data is a leading global provider of tailored marketing and loyalty solutions, delivered through branded credit programs that drive more profitable relationships between our brand partners and their cardmembers. We offer private label, co-brand, and commercial products to many of the world's most recognizable brands. We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with all applicable laws.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.