RIMSI Corp is a family owned property management company located in Rockville , MD who is seeking an Accounting/Operations Office Assistant/Receptionist that has exceptional customer service skills and can provide financial administrative support to the RIMSI headquarters office staff as well as the property site team(s). This position will perform many operational and support functions for the company and will work with a wide variety of personalities across the organization. The position will also play a role in performing several specific functional tasks primarily associated with the accounting function. Working hours are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing the following regularly:
Front Desk Receptionist Duties:
- Answer all incoming phone calls; transfer calls to the appropriate staff.
- Obtain and distribute the daily mail; receive and sign for FedEx and UPS packages.
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining, and stocking the kitchen inventory.
- Responsible for ordering appliances and office supplies for 9 properties and main office.
- Assists with preparing individual and mail-merged letters and annual agreements.
- Work with management to structure and maintain an organized filing system for the company.
- Prepare daily checks received log to help ensure that deposits are made in a timely manner.
Accounting Assistant Duties:
- Process all rental applications for all properties and ensure that monthly billings for application is correct. (Core Logic)
- Assists Accounts Payable Specialist by printing and attaching approved Purchases Orders to invoices and entering batches into the system for payment along with reviewing, coding, batching, and entering manual invoices for payment.
- Assist with vendor inquiries and resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with reconciling monthly vendor statements; follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Potentially becoming responsible for individual property disbursements on a monthly basis. (Maryland).
- Ensure that all vendors are COI compliant in accordance with company policy.
- Assist Accounts Payable Specialist with preparing and mailing annual 1099s.
- Supports the accounting department with document editing, copying and scanning, as well as running, printing, and scanning the monthly financial statements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of professional experience in office management or providing support to multiple business owners.
- Experience working in the real estate industry is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of applications, including Word (i.e., creating and updating company documents), Excel (i.e., creating reports, analyzing data, etc.), and Outlook (i.e. sending company-wide notifications, communicating with vendors, etc.)
- Working knowledge of accounting. Willing to learn accounting to assist the Accounting Department.
- Experience with Accounts Payable Processing and the purchase order processes.
- Required Minimal Education: High School Diploma/GED. Prefer individual pursuing some level of secondary education/college degree.
REQUIRED WORK CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be adaptable and exhibit a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
- Proven track record of working well with individuals, taking initiative, establishing priorities, and ownership of work.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management, can multi-task, and has the ability to manage office operations.
- Demonstrates high integrity and unquestionable ethics and is a respectful team player.
- Exhibits high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts