CITY OF LITTLE ROCK
invites applications for the position of:
Assistant Director of Finance
An Equal Opportunity Employer
FULL SALARY RANGE:
$68,538.00 - $105,549.00 Annually
A1 -Full Time- Regular Position
Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
02/12/19 CLOSING DATE: 03/03/19 11:59 PM
914 OPENINGS: 1
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Arkansas Class D Non-Commercial Drivers License before employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position
To plan and direct the activities and operations of assigned Divisions of the Department of Finance; prepares key financial reports to include the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for submission to the Director of Finance.
Note to Applicants:
Applications will be screened continuously throughout the listed posting dates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
For a complete list of the essential functions, please click HERE.
Comptroller and Budget Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related area, four (4) years of experience in directing accounting activities, including the preparation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) principles, and two (2) years of supervisory experience which includes the supervision of management-level personnel. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. However, preference will be given to candidates with current CPA licensure.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Online applications only
Applicant's answers to supplemental questions will be used to screen for minimum qualifications electronically.
List of qualified applicants will be considered active for up to six (6) months and may be used to fill future openings with same or similar minimum qualifications.
All communication regarding application status will be sent to candidates via email address listed on account
Applicants may check application status for any position by logging into their account at www.lrjobs.net or contacting Human Resources at (501) 371-4590 if they are having computer difficulties.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
THE CITY OF LITTLE ROCK HUMAN RESOURCES
500 West Markham, Suite 130W
Little Rock, AR 72201-1428
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Assistant Director of Finance Supplemental Questionnaire
- 1. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree or four (4) years of college in any of the following:
Master's degree in any of the above
N/A (do not have a degree or the equivalent)
- 2. Are you currently a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Government Finance Manager (CGFM)? Note: This licensure or certification is a hiring preference for this position.
- 3. Do you have at least 4 years of experience in accounting in a Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) environment?
- 4. Please briefly describe your related work experience. Ensure this experience is listed in the work history section of your application. If no related work experience, enter N/A.
- 5. Do you possess at least two (2) years of professional or managerial level work experience in accounting and finance in a government setting (state or local municipality)?
- 6. Do you have at least 2 years of supervisory experience which includes supervision of managerial level personnel?
- 7. If yes, what position(s) listed in your employment history had supervisory responsibilities? If no applicable supervisory experience, please enter NA.
- 8. Do you have any experience preparing a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for a government entity?
- 9. If yes, please describe this experience to include tenure and related employers. NOTE: Employer(s) listed must be included in the work history section of your application. If no, enter N/A.
- Required Question