Want to help us bring happiness to the world? Want to join an ambitious and fast growing global biscuits and confectionery business investing heavily in iconic global brands, infrastructure and people? Then this is the place for you.
As proud bakers and chocolatiers and custodians of iconic global brands, we don’t compromise on the quality of ingredients in our products or on the people we hire. We are looking for entrepreneurial spirits who share our passion for bringing happiness to our consumers and who embody our Winning Traits.
To succeed at pladis you need to be purpose-led , resilient and positive to succeed here because we expect pace and agility , we insist on collaboration and demand accountability. If that is your thing, then pladis offers global ambition, a clear Vision and roadmap for success, challenge, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and make an impact
*This is a night shift position*
Responsible for ensuring that assigned equipment is operating and maintained. Installs new machinery nd performs building maintenance. Ensures that all tasks and functions of position are performed in a safe manner and that all procedures and requirements are properly followed to accomplish assigned tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Responsible for assigned equipment to meet/exceed operating standards in areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity as well as minimizing downtime
- Responsible for ensuring that preventative maintenance is completed on assigned machines to ensure that they run at their maximum capacity through cleaning, lubricating, greasing, oiling, belt replacement, changing filters, bearings, etc
- Performs scheduled PM's and visually inspects and tests assigned machines and equipment for proper functionality
- Makes routine repairs to electrically, pneumatically, and servo driven equipment and machines
- Participates on special projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Completes all paperwork neatly, correctly, on time and in accordance with Company guidelines
- Communicates w ith employees particularly with regard to proper and safe utilization of equipment
- Able to work alone or as a team member
- Follows all safety and GMP safety rules and procedures
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of manufacturing experience, including 2 years in maintenance
- Facility maintenance, including assisting in servicing and replacing plumbing fixtures and electrical work not requiring a licensed technician
- Experience with conveyor systems, elevator and scales
- Experience in rebuilding and installing centrifugal and positive displacement pumps
- Experience in rebuilding and installing 3-phase electrical motors
- Works with common hand and power tools, such as: hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments, electrical, and electronic testing devices
- Ability to troubleshoot vacuum, electrical and mechanical breakdowns in industrial machinery
- Have personal tools for work. Rolling toolbox or cart included. Some special tools will be furnished.
- Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- 3-phase electrical experience
- Experience with VFD, PLC, and servo motors
- Able to read electrical schematics
- Able to read building blueprints
- Layout and fabrication of parts using stainless steel
- Microsoft Office and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent
- HACCP (Food Safety) and Food Quality (desirable but not required)
- Able to build interpersonal relationships with production machine operators and staff
pladis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List. If you are a recruitment agency and wish to submit candidate to be considered for this vacancy, you must have agreed to, and signed, our terms of business.
We will not accept CVs from any other sources other than those currently on our PSL. We will not pay a fee for any candidate that has not been represented by a provider on our PSL.
Job Type: Full-time