Colorvision is comprised of a dedicated team of professionals that has led us to become the industry leader in souvenir photography. We use state-of-the-art photographic and image capturing systems featured at over 100 retail locations around the world to include Universal Studios, Sea World and Disney. We are a multi-state employer with over 500+ employees located in Florida, California, Minnesota, and many other locations.
We are currently seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Human Resource Generalist to join our talented and innovative team members at our Corporate Office in Orlando.
Corporate Office, Orlando, FL 32837 www.corporate.amazingpictures.com
The Human Resource Generalist will plan, lead, direct, develop, and evaluate legally compliant human resource policies, procedures, and best practices in compliance with government regulations and overall company goals. This position will support and implement short and long-range strategies to meet the firm’s organizational objectives as well as combine HR mastery and industry knowledge to resolve complex HR issues within a fast paced and ever-changing business environment. The Human Resource Generalist will oversee all aspects of HR, including, but not limited to, compliance, employee relations, performance management, safety, recruiting, benefits, and training and development.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manages all aspects of employee relations to ensure company policies are legally compliant and administered fairly and consistently. Provides guidance and leadership support to managers and supervisors.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices as it applies to applicable local, state, federal employment laws, including, but not limited to, FLSA, FMLA, ADA. ACA, Wage & Hour, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, Workers’ Injury and compensation/claims, OSHA compliance and Safety to minimize risk/exposure to the company.
- Oversee talent management functions to include recruitment, onboarding, retention, and succession planning as well as knowledge of current trends and market competitiveness. Collaborates with Operations to understand business challenges and provide effective and timely HR support.
- Coordinate with payroll on procedures to ensure wage and hour compliance and periodic audits.
- Conducts and assists with all complex and/or sensitive matters to include investigations, employee disciplinary meetings, and terminations.
- Create and establish Standard Operating Procedures for various policies to include Safety, Driving, Travel, and HRMS programs.
- Monitors on-going processes of HRMS database by ensuring accurate maintenance of employee files, benefits, payroll, recruitment, time and attendance and all HR matters.
- Review and oversee unemployment and workers compensation claims to include, but not limited to, unemployment hearings as well as the investigation of employee’s injuries, working conditions, return to work etc.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of compensation and employee benefits programs to ensure the company attracts and retains top talent, remains competitive in the market as well as oversees annual benefits enrollment.
- Participates and implements departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with management and employees
- Exceptional organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to adapt the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to effectively plan and manage projects by delegating to team members
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills to include mentoring and developing team members for the success of the department and business
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to work independently with a strong business acumen
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Comprehensive knowledge of current recruitment trends, staffing, employment practices and technologies
- Thorough knowledge of local, state, and federal employment-related laws and regulations
- Strong PC skills, MS Office skills and extensive experience in HRMS programs including Kronos Workforce Ready.
- Possess a Florida Driver’s License, insurance and able to drive for company related business
- Must be physically able to do assigned work and sit using the computer for hours at a time in an office environment
- Must be physically able to walk the store locations within the theme parks which include outdoor environments with various weather conditions
- Travel required, ability to work after office hours if needed
Work is performed in an office environment. Indoor office in temperature-controlled environment.
This job requires sitting for long periods of time, reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, manual dexterity; hearing and speaking understandably, and good vision.
This job requires a positive enthusiastic approach, good judgment and common sense, ability to work under stress, ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, able to accept constructive criticism, ability to prioritize, be accurate without supervision, reading, performing math functions, hearing and speaking understandably, reading comprehension. It also requires the ability to cooperate and work as a team with co-workers.
The nature of this work requires the use of a computer; monitor, computer keyboard, printers, paper shredder, fax machine, calculator, telephone, and copy machine
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, or related field required.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certifications for Human Resource Professionals (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) highly preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 8-10 years Human Resource Generalist experience in a multi-location environment required
- 5+ years management experience highly preferred