Modern Animal is seeking a results-oriented, team-focused, and mission-driven leader to build and scale the company's marketing and brand capabilities as Marketing Director. This role is critical in step-changing the awareness and growth trajectory of the Modern Animal brand and driving the overarching strategy and execution of all marketing efforts across multiple audiences, channels, and markets. You will lead a dynamic marketing team to develop a thoughtful and contextual approach to acquire, engage, and retain members, and equally important, to attract, nurture, and acquire veterinary talent.
The ideal candidate is a sharp business and people leader with a proven track record of directly driving business impact and capable of bringing key stakeholders together to drive a strategy that aligns with Modern Animal's strategic goals. This role will report to the VP of Growth, and given that our strategic focus is talent marketing in the next 12 months, you will work closely with Talent Acquisition, Operations, and other cross-functional partners to drive our doctor hiring best practices and set a strong foundation for growth.
What you'll be working on:
- Inspire, develop and manage a marketing team to achieve business goals and drive critical priorities across Performance Marketing, CRM Marketing, Creative, Social Media and Content, Events, Partnerships, etc.
- Set Modern Animal's vision of the customers and our unique value propositions and translate them into strategic marketing efforts.
- Develop differentiated and impactful marketing strategies, both online and offline, that support our member and talent acquisition objectives while elevating the Modern Animal brand; deploy a marketing budget across channels and initiatives based on impact and ROI.
- Build local and regional momentum for lead generation, demand generation, and conversion optimization.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative inputs to our messaging and targeting strategy with deep knowledge of audience insights and industry trends.
- Establish external agency and internal team processes; set KPIs for marketing accountability and drive marketing analytics and reporting to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Manage the brand architecture, strategy, and positioning to enhance the marketing initiatives and promote brand presence and preference.
Why you'd be a great fit:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in digital and brand marketing.
- 5+ years of experience leading strong teams and mentoring others.
- Comfortable analyzing data and using insights to drive strategy. SQL knowledge is not required but preferred.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and tailor communication to internal and external audiences at all levels.
- Demonstrated success leading innovative and ROI-driven marketing initiatives from ideation through execution.
- Proven ability to ask the right questions and use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Self-starter who leans into the challenge and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
- Highly organized and process-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Based in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate.
The pay range for this position is $131,000 - $226,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We're not looking for candidates who are "culture fits." We're looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!