Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Clinical Application Lead reports directly to the IT Director. They supervise the design, development, and effective and efficient delivery of applications that support the clinical mission of NYPC. The prime clinical applications are the electronic medical record (EMR) system, the patient portal, imaging archive, and various electronic interfaces to partners, labs, pharmacies, and financial systems. Clinical systems also include standalone specialized applications serving clinical purposes. Clinical applications exclude systems that directly treat patients (beam delivery, medical scanning systems etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Analysis – experience working with clinical teams to structure a project portfolio, engage in prioritization, define business and technical requirements – tracking
requirements through testing and system validation
- Own the technical relationships with organizations with which NYPC exchanges data, including partners, labs, pharmacies, financial services, etc.
- Primary NYPC IT contact for clinical application vendor technical leadership
- Perform evaluations of existing and proposed vendors and applications and make recommendations to executive leadership
- Supervise implementation projects that introduce new clinical applications and services
- Supervise activities to customize and enhance existing clinical applications
- Own the release schedule for NYPC’s clinical applications
- Manage releases to minimize the risk of disruption to clinical operations
- Manage the team who provide clinical application support to meet or exceed agreed Service Level Objectives, including minimizing outages that directly affect patient care delivery
- Project/Program Management skills – ability to structure, initiate and manage complex initiatives (clinical business and technical sides)
- Stakeholder Management – ability to work with internal and external (partner) teams to ensure seamless data flow and operations
- Business Continuity – exposure to disaster recovery, business continuity and security planning to enable risk management
- Compliance – understand HIPAA, data security, and other regulatory requirements and align system initiatives with these imperatives
- Maintain a comprehensive technical document library for NYPC’s clinical applications
- Provide complete transparency of activities to IT and executive leadership.
- Bachelors level degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Masters level degree in Computer Science or an MBA preferred
- At least 10 years IT experience
- At least 5 years healthcare experience
- At least 5 years IT management experience
- Experience implementing clinical applications, such as EMR, patient portal, image archive, or PACS
- Experience managing third-party vendors, including implementation teams
- Experience working in a program environment, requiring coordination across multiple related initiatives
- Experience managing FTE and consultant teams
- Knowledge of clinical interfaces including HL7 and CCD messaging preferred
- Knowledge of Varian applications and IBM Watson VNA preferred.
This position is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week). The working environment can be considered fast paced at times, requiring direct patient interaction. The Medical Assistant will be required to maintain a high level of professionalism in all patient/visitor interactions.
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.