Located in Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reporting to the Executive Vice President/Administrator the hospital, the Vice President of Facilities directs overall administration, planning, design, construction, operation and development, security, safety, care and upkeep of all inpatient and outpatient physical facilities. Researches, identifies, and assesses system-wide capital renewal and deferred maintenance needs. Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and designated regulatory agency rules and regulations. Manages staff, budgets, and goals/objectives in accordance with hospital standards and expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes policies for and provides leadership for reporting departments/responsibilities including facilities operations and maintenance, system facilities master planning, safety, security, environmental services, infrastructure planning, and construction
- Interacts with department and hospital senior management to ensure that the planning, programming, and presentation of the system's capital renewal needs are coordinated with the institution's broader capital agenda.
- Coordinates capital budget priorities, working closely with the executive team to ensure collaboration and integration of capital requests with the hospital’s strategic plans and goals.
- Leads and coordinates the development of the multi-year capital plan for projects requiring exceptional resources, develops project plans, justification, and cost estimates for integration into the capital plan and presentation to the Executive Team and Board of Directors as indicated.
- Responsible for planning, establishing, coordinating, installing, and monitoring systems to track, report, and respond to a comprehensive system security plan
- Oversees and ensures an effective emergency management system is in place to include all system facilities regardless of physical location
- Facilitates space planning and advises administration regarding space allocation policy and
- Represents the hospital in high-level negotiations with state, city and county officials concerning facilities oversight, real estate construction planning, zoning, jurisdictional matters, and other construction is
- Represents the hospital to various government agencies, funding agencies, patients, visitors, and/or the general public/local
- Oversees the maintenance, operations, and housekeeping of all facilities, grounds and utility systems.
- Manages and coordinates the development of intra-departmental processes designed to ensure that the integrated facility renewal and modernization needs of the hospital's various departments and staff are integrated into WRMC’s annual capital
- Manages complex projects involving active and proposed capital projects from conception to
- Provides leadership and direction in all aspects of administering a strong program of communicating with the system that emphasizes customer service.
- Implements strategies for continuous improvement of system infrastructure, systems, operations, and energy
- Establishes and implements short and long range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; implements changes required for
- Designs, establishes, and maintains staffing and an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the functions assigned; recruits, employs, supervises and evaluates departmental staff; directs the implementation of management development skills training, and safety
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the functions assigned and performs periodic cost and productivity
- Recommends and participates in the development of appropriate hospital policies and procedures; may serve on hospital planning and policy-making committe
- Advises the hospital administration on the funding needs to adequately maintain the physical facilities of the system, and assists the administration in the allocation of fiscal resources for various capital improvement and maintenance projects of the system.
- Develops integrated capital project priority listings, for facilities renewal and replacement, and creates facility related short-and long-term strategic plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice President/Administrator.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field is require
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field is Professional Engineer designation is preferred.
- CHC, CHFM, CHE, CHM or other professional health care engineering certification strongly preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of directly related leadership experience including experience in managing a comprehensive and complex health care facilities and maintenance operations to include construction management and campus master
- Possession of a valid Arkansas driver's license is a requirement for this
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating
- Knowledge of customer service standards and
- Knowledge of equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the management of complex facility systems within a highly-regulated environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of central chilled water and steam distribution plant operatio
- Knowledge of facility construction, applicable building codes, mechanical and electrical systems and their maintenance and operation and their related renewal
- Knowledge of space allocation
- Knowledge of construction management, project management, and all codes and regulations pertaining to construction, including management of large capital
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized facility management systems, applications, and
- Knowledge of building engineering audit techniques, and ability to interpret
- Employee development and performance management
- Strategic planning
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Advanced verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priori
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements within hospital
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a diverse range of clientele and/or media
- Ability to provide professional leadership and guidance to professionals, paraprofessionals, and/or lay persons in area of
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or
- Ability to prepare comprehensive and detailed life-cycle cost reports and engineering
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long range
- Ability to perform building inspections and mock inspections
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative
- Ability to foster a cooperative work
Job Type: Full-time