In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
Performs clinical diagnostic studies and evaluations of cellular material from all body sites.
- Performs routine screening of cell specimens, reports results and documents daily workload records.
- Processes specimens for analysis according to specifications related to the type of specimen.
- Performs quality control assessment, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- May assist in the collection and processing of fine needle aspiration specimens.
- Serves as an expert resource for section testing, research and development of test methods, and development and maintenance of technical procedures.
- Assists with quality and staff competency.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Cytologist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Certified by an accredited agency and meets the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) requirements for Cytotechnologist required by date of hire.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Meets the ASCP requirements to be a Certified Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist with Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology
How To Apply
- Cytology experience preferred
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you’ve applied.
Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers.
Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.