CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
The Administrative Assistant role is key to supplying the rest of the company with materials to sell with;
- Clearing permissions, negotiate fees and appropriate rights for art work and photography. This is a huge part of the job and if not done correctly can end up in litigation.
- Issuing purchase orders and FED forms, tracking and processing invoices; Archiving records so info is up to date
- Trouble shooting with accounts payable for freelancers payments
- Tracking art ownership
- Working with our legal department to approve art usage
- Negotiating and clearing art with movie studios
- Creating 3D mock ups for sales and publicity
- Supplying Sales, Ad/Promo, Subrights, Marketing and Editorial with covers and files.
- Responsible for keeping the information on the DAM and the weekly feed accurate
- Responsible for gathering the updates from the other imprints for the weekly Art Update that feeds to the company
- Working with the Digital and POD group to keep our covers up to date and cleared in a timely fashion. Track rights of archival covers.
- Responsible for the design and art credit information
- Photo and Art research
- Manage the reprints
- Overseeing the supplemental presentation for the Sales Conference
- Coordinate and record the jacket meetings
- General Ad Min support: Manage/order the art and office supplies, schedule meetings, filing covers and back up art
Previous office and design experience required.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.