ABOUT PREMIER PRESS:
Established in 1974, Premier Press is a women-owned creative production company providing creative and production services, project management, logistics, mailing services, and a variety of print technologies from its 170,000 square foot facility in Portland, Oregon. Serious about protecting the environment, we are a carbon neutral, wind powered, and SGP certified company. Whether it’s with new technologies, customer satisfaction, or innovation, Premier Press will always strive to go beyond. .
The Vice President of Sales directs the overall sales strategy for the company and manages sales representatives and associated activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the leadership team to create and execute strategies and plans for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Identify, qualify and develop new business.
- Manages and advocates for the sales team and provides sales support for the staff as needed.
- Meets with key clients and prospects; and assists account managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Recruits and develops highly motivated, results-driven, and industry best employees. Holds self and others accountable to objective goals.
- Creates sales systems and structure including processes, forecasting, tools, selling approach, pricing strategies, and customer retention programs.
- Provides a robust training platform to include sales skills, and product and industry education.
- Works closely with the marketing function to help focus marketing efforts to support the sales effort.
- Represents Company at industry and other pertinent associations critical to sales function.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum five years’ executive level and sales staff management.
- Success in building high-performing sales teams through effective hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, and holding people accountable.
- Experience creating systems and structure to support the sales team’s success and builds upon individual team members’ unique strengths and abilities.
- Hands-on experience with strategy and business planning and execution.
- Successful history of identifying, qualifying, and developing new business.
- Marketing and/or agency experience.
- Print industry and/or retail graphic knowledge is desired. (e.g. offset, digital, finishing, etc.)
- Ability to read specs, develop quotes, and manage the RFQ/RFP process.
- Knowledge of technology used in a sales/marketing organization. (e.g. online portals, direct mail, automated workflows, CRM, etc.)
- Takes initiative and follows through to completion; proactively includes appropriate individuals in discussions and decisions.
- Confident and decisive; and ability to change tempo and decisions to achieve positive outcomes.
- Sparks to a challenge; is optimistic and tenacious.
- Big picture oriented and a creative problem solver.
- Direct and respectful communicator with an ability to communicate verbally and in writing so that others clearly understand.
- Driven by bottom line results and team accomplishments.
- Skilled at resolving and reconciling difficult situation with customers, and between team members or with other departments.
Base salary of $125k to $150k/year DOE plus executive bonus program; medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance; profit sharing; 401K; paid holidays; paid time off; and mass transit reimbursement among others.
Depends on skills and experience
This is a full-time position. Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- This position is located onsite in the Portland, OR area. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate to the Portland, OR area*
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Premier Press is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. There is no guarantee of employment, and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.