We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative product manager to join our growing marketing team and help us continue to push the envelope with our products.
As a product manager on our dynamic and driven team, you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of new products by conducting market research, creating product time frames and plans, and crafting marketing strategies for new products.
Associate Product Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities**
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering, sales, marketing and operations.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by conducting the research needed to obtain market information, compiling and delivering clear reports and presentations on information gathered.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining marketing communication objectives.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing, and operations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications**
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably writing clear requirements, use cases and stories for products or projects.
- Outstanding communications skills: write clear emails, communicate clearly in person, write and provide presentations.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills with keen ability to explain complex concepts across the organization and to large audiences
- Experience working directly with designers and developers to design and build products
- Knowledge of consumer marketing analytics
VITAC is the largest provider of closed captioning in the country, responsible for captioning over 525,000 hours of live programming per year, and creating verbatim, precisely timed captions for 75,000 prerecorded programs per year. Our customers include every major network, most cable channels, program producers, corporations, government agencies, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Product Development: 1 year
Required work authorization: