Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
As a Project Manager for the Discovery & Litigation Support Team, you'll play an integral role in supporting Lead and Outside Counsel in litigation and investigations. You’ll be working side by side with the technical data experts; often responding to multiple, fast paced matters at a time. Your responsibilities will include assisting in the day-to-day management, processing and production efforts. You'll work closely with both internal teams and external vendors with the goal of creating and managing the most efficient and cost-effective processes to advance Google's response to legal requests.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for tackling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Serve as Project Manager on a variety of matters including patent and general litigation, internal and regulatory investigations as well as competition matters.
- Coordinate activities between the in-house and external counsel and the operations team responsible for processing, hosting and production.
- Support the continuous improvement of work-flow processes in the eDiscovery space.
- Take responsibility for initiating problem solving with in-house legal teams and engineers, assisting in the development of workflows and related documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of work experience in a law firm, an in-house legal department, a consulting firm, or comparable experience elsewhere.
- Project management certification or training.
- Proven background in eDiscovery on large, fast paced matters at a large law firm, an in-house legal department and/or a global eDiscovery vendor.
- Strong familiarity with SQL/MySQL or similar database languages.
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system/commands.
- Familiarity with industry leading online review platforms.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.