Assists physicians and or patients w/scheduling outpatient visits in a thorough scheduling and registration process that ensures maximum patient satisfaction; optimizes the use of staff and facilities; complies with clinical, legal, and regulatory protocols. Also serves as receptionist and telephone triage. Responsible to manage a smooth operating clerical area. Responsible for assigned work queues to comply with 3rd party payer requests. Reviews individual payer and collects the right amount of co-pays and reconcile the account.
1. Demonstrate customer service excellence. Describe and direct patients to appropriate services.
2. Knowledgeable about all Integrative Medicine programs and register and schedule patients appropriately. Follow corporate registration guidelines in EPIC.
3. Schedule patients via established protocols and appropriately indicate visit types. Assign parent HAR encounter for visits. Reschedule appointments as indicated. Ability to schedule patients with multidisciplinary appointments.
4. Confirming with patient: location, cost, billing restrictions, cancellation policy.
5. Processing payments for services rendered. Balancing working fund/petty cash and counterpoint drawer at end of shift.
6. Assisting patients when ordering supplements or assisting in other recommendations from medical staff.
7. Maintaining a clean, professional and compliant work environment.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training: Minimum high school diploma, some college ideal. Strong typing skills. Knowledge of EPIC and Counterpoint preferred.
B. Work Experience: Ideally, experience in a similar role in a hospital setting.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
D. Other Qualifications: Knowledge or open to holistic approaches to health and wellbeing. Excellent communication skills.