Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
We are seeking a Sr. .NET Application Architect, based at Western Union‘s Montvale, NJ location. In this role, you will be supporting the AML Compliance IT Solutions for the WU Business Solutions and Payments Services businesses. You will work on projects involving the entire software development cycle, from interpreting and facilitating requirements to developing software to supporting production deployments.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Works with Compliance partners to understand and facilitate project requirements
- Prepares clear and thorough functional and technical design documents involving applicable use cases and design protocols to ensure clear understanding of development work to deliver related requirements
- Leads teams across multiple time zones to deliver innovative software solutions utilizing a broad spectrum of technology and innovation
- Collaborates with multiple groups including Compliance, technology teams, Operations, test teams, third party vendors, etc. to ensure alignment to requirements and processes to deliver successful solutions
- Takes responsibility to yield enhancements, quality improvements, and cost reduction
- Uses database design and data analytics to ensure system is architected upon a strong foundation of information and to provide feedback to business and operations teams
- Becomes the central point of ownership for the end to end system, designs solutions for the functional areas, and innovatively solves any problems
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technology is preferred
- 8+ years of total relevant work experience as an Application Architect is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including demonstration of written functional specifications and technical designs, development of processes and procedures, and the ability to interact with partners globally.
- Strong application development skills, with the ability to implement and oversee best coding practices
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams and lead them based on their functional areas of responsibility
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
- Strong analytical and logical skills and attention to detail
- Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving technology challenges, with a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of architecture design concepts, object-oriented design and technique
- Knowledge of database architectures and operating systems
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies
- Experience in Continuous Integration for application builds is a plus
- 1+ Years of experience in the Financial industry a plus
- AML Compliance experience is a plus
- Transaction Monitoring experience is a plus
- Regulatory Reporting experience is a plus
- Case Management experience is a plus
Technical Areas of Expertise:
- .Net, C#, ASP.Net Core
- SOA and Micro-services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- CCTray or equivalent experience is a plus
- NoSQL Databases experience is a plus
- Cloud, AWS, Big Data and associated tools experience is a plus
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
- Agile: 1 year
- financial industry: 1 year
- Application Architect: 8 years