Boardwalk Pipelines, LP primarily provides transportation and storage of natural gas and liquids for our customers. Additional information about the Partnership can be found online at www.bwpipelines.com.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Analyst I/II for our Houston, TX office.
In this role, you will be responsible for the monthly Gas Accounting close process including monthly measurement to gas system reconciliations, processing monthly transportation invoices and processing monthly Operational Balancing Agreement invoices. You will also be responsible for recording journal entries into the general ledger related to these types of activities and account reconciliations and will be responsible for preparing various regulatory filings including but not limited to:
- EIA – (U.S. Energy Information Administration)
- Various state required condensate filings
- Data contribution for the preparation of FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) Form 3Q/Form 2
- Preparation of cash pool filing required under pipeline tariffs
This role interacts and coordinates activities with many internal groups including Marketing, Customer Service, Contracts, Measurement, and Regulatory and works with internal and external auditors, ensures SOX compliance and establishes and maintains associated policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong accounting and analysis skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years in Natural Gas
- Experience in related accounting/analytical role
- CPA eligible
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.