We are seeking Assistant Resident Engineers (ARE) to work on a complex wastewater, tunneling, and transit projects with our Construction Management Teams. Positions are located in Washington DC and Northern California. This is an immediate need.
- Supervising and management of Office/Field Engineer and Inspectors at the direction of the Resident Engineer.
- Review field paperwork, to include;
- Requests for Information (RFI)
- Contractor Submittals
- Construction Schedules
- Inspection Reports and Logs
- Agendas and Meeting Minutes
- Safety Plans and Safety Audits
- Review Contractor’s Pay Application
- Assist in the preparation of Change Orders, Overruns, and Claims as needed.
- Oversee field inspections of the Contractor's work
- Interact with the Contractor performing the work and maintain a professional relationship with them to provide the Client with the highest quality end-product.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Client and/or Owner to facilitate the completion of work on time and on budget and to better address construction conflicts to minimize their impact on the project schedule and budget.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to facilitate the construction work as directed by the Resident Engineer
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Project Management or other related construction field from an accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineering registration or CCM is preferred.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in heavy civil construction and/or construction management.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent assignments and priorities, supervision, training, and mentoring office and field inspection staff.
- Strong team building, analytical and technical communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, versed in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience reading contract drawings and specifications.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position to perform field inspections which include: the ability to navigate over rough terrain, descend/ascend ladders into trenches or deep shafts and carry up to 30 lbs. as needed.
- Tunneling and shaft excavation construction is a plus.
- Transit Systems experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly