- Clean Driving Record
- Personal Assistant Experience
- Culinary Arts Experience
**Please note the specific application instructions listed. Those who do not apply, as requested, will not be considered.
This is a newly created, full-time position, designed to support a Mercer Island-based couple with day-to-day household and personal assistance. While we know the need for this person in this couple’s life, and have a good sense of the array of work that needs to be done, we are seeking a kind, understanding, flexible person who will accommodate the possible evolution of a newly created position.
This couple has a housekeeper, a home/property caretaker, and bookkeeper, all of whom have worked with this couple of years. You will be joining a team, and working alongside them, not managing them or angling to do so.
- Oversee/manage small projects. Examples: selling or donating pieces of furniture, or getting out or putting away seasonal decorations
- Collaborate/tag-team with employees at Mercer Island home, as well as other homes, ensuring smooth arrivals/departures/stays for employers. This includes keeping the right people in the loop about planned visits, duration of stays, and addressing needs at the other homes in advance of and after planned visits.
- Travel – includes researching travel options, arranging/booking travel (both commercial and private) for couple, as well as their family members, as requested
- Professional support, which includes coordinating with office staff
- Expense reports (there is a backlog of work here, so this is apt to be ongoing work)
- Organize and keep tidy rooms in the house (home office, closets, studio space, bedrooms)
- Assistance with party planning and event coordination, as those come up
- Meal planning – this includes grocery shopping, as needed, but also planning ahead to make sure food/meals are ready for employers ahead of time (which may involve coordinating meal delivery service or with a private chef, for instance.). Note: you do not need to be a chef or have culinary experience.
- Errands – including grocery shopping
- Personal shopping, which includes purchasing personal items for employers (both online and in-person), as well as returning items, as needed
- Drive employers to/from appointments/engagements, as needed
- Additional projects and work, as assigned
- Full-time, 40 hours/week
- Mostly Monday-Friday
- Kind, and pleasant disposition
- Independently motivated and comfortable working alone and/or in quiet settings
- 5+ years of experience supporting an individual or family as a personal assistant or household manager (this is not a position for someone who has no private service experience and references who can speak to that work)
- Able to stay busy and find ways to be helpful
- Team player, who genuinely likes working alongside others and finding ways to partner. This is not a role for someone who likes to manage/direct others, or is seeking to be something other than a great personal assistant.
- A person who values being organized and tidy, but also respectful of the process of getting others organized (as opposed to wanting to do overall or just organize “your way”)
- Experience overseeing travel for employers. This includes being a point-person for all aspects of travel, and go-to while employers are traveling.
- Professional references who are able to speak to your oversight and/or management of their personal affairs, personal spending, and/or day-to-day care for loved ones.
- Clean driving record, and ability to drive employers, on an as-need basis
- Is discreet and confidential about your work
- Bachelor’s Degree, strongly preferred
- Must be okay with dogs, as there is a loved dog in the home
Comp + Benefits:
- Salary: DOE (likely to be in $70k-85k range)
- Health benefits and paid time off will be offered, but may not be immediately
- Candidate must pass an extensive background check.
- Professional references will be called
- Candidate will be required to sign a Non Disclosure/ Confidentiality Agreement.
PLEASE READ: In lieu of a formulaic cover letter, please answer the following questions within the body of your application, and be sure to include a current resume.
- Why is this job description particularly attractive to you? How does it differ from others that are less attractive?
- What has been your favorite job to-date, and in a few sentences, can you share what made it great?
- Everyone makes mistakes. What job-related mistake have you made in the last two years? And what did you learn from that experience?
- What do you want us to know about you that may not be obvious when we look at your resume?
- Your target salary (There is a tendency to be vague, but please do not be vague. Your work has value and we want to know you know your value and non-negotiables.) Note: this position will likely be within the $70k-85k space.
Thank you for your time reviewing this job description and applying for the job. Due to the volume of responses we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge each application. If we feel you could be a good fit for this position, we will contact you. Please do not contact us multiple times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- private service: 5 years (Preferred)