LoftSmart is looking for part time, remote Customer Operations Associates to work evenings 2-10pm ET and weekends 12-4 and/or 4-8pm ET to support our mission of helping young people discover and lease local rentals with transparency, ease, and simplicity. You’ll adopt a renter-first mindset to guiding a student renter from search through to application via phone calls, emails, SMS, and live chat — managing any concerns, needs, and complex questions along the way. You will also interact directly with properties over the phone to maintain updated records of property-specific incentives & application processes and confirmation of completed application deliverables.
The ideal candidate for this role is an empathetic problem solver with an ability to communicate in a clear, helpful, and supportive manner. Join our growing team in helping student renters find their perfect place!
What you’ll do...
- Advocate for students in everything you do — whether it’s in communication with our property partners or cross-functional LoftSmart team members, you’ll serve as the loud and proud voice of our student renters.
- Master our internal systems — develop full operational knowledge and understanding of the leasing process and manage internal operations accordingly
- Own and manage all renter communications across phone, SMS, email, and live chat to personally craft the LoftSmart renter experience — answer questions, resolve issues, and go above and beyond to assist with anything they need throughout their LoftSmart journey
- Identify trends and pain points to brainstorm ways in which we can create solutions that deliver exceptional levels of customer happiness
- Provide feedback and recommendations to our Product and Business Development teams to influence the creation of new features and processes
We’re looking for someone who is...
- A clear communicator both in email and on the phone
- A quick, resourceful learner who’s always curious to understand the “why” behind the “how”
- An obsessively organized multi-tasker who never loses sight of the details
- Patient and optimistic in their approach to problem-solving
- A calm, composed speaker with the ability to manage renter expectations under pressure
- Comfortable with and adaptable to new technology and business tools
Other requirements & considerations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0 - 2 years of work experience in a customer facing position at a startup
- Experience working with CRM and helpdesk tools is a plus
- Evening shifts are weekdays 2-10pm ET, weekend shifts are 12-4pm and 4-8pm ET