The Lawn Technician / Customer Service will perform fertilization and related services to maintain the best lawns in Northeast Ohio. Portage Turf LLC is a fast growing company looking for an ambitious, goal oriented person to fill our current position. We take pride in a job well done and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
· Operates a variety of lawn equipment.
· Operates power equipment and other vehicles such as fertilizer spreaders, aerators and other similar machines.
· Prepares chemicals as needed for application by mixing according to directions.
· Applies fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs or trees by spraying or spreading.
· Educates and consults with clients regarding lawn care needs, costs of additional services and programs.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Lawn care experience is a plus, but will train the right person.
· Ability to work efficiently and thoroughly.
· Ability to follow directions.
· Ability to operate various types of power equipment.
· Ability to use hand tools
· Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
Education and Experience:
· On-the-job training offered.
· Completion of applicable pesticide training required.
· Prolonged periods standing, walking, stretching, bending, climbing ladders, kneeling, and pulling.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
· Must be physically able to operate power equipment.
· Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person