Information Services Group (ISG) (Nasdaq:
III) is a leading technology insights, market intelligence and advisory services company, serving clients around the world to help them achieve operational excellence. ISG supports private and public sector organizations to transform and optimize their operational environments through research, benchmarking, consulting and managed services, with a focus on information technology, business process transformation, program management services and enterprise resource planning. Clients look to ISG for unique insights and innovative solutions for leveraging technology, the deepest data source in the industry, and more than five decades of experience of global leadership in information and advisory services. Based in Stamford, Connecticut, the company has more than 1,300 employees and operates in 21 countries.
ISG is seeking to hire an executive level, experienced, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to serve as ISG’s top technology architect and provide sound technical leadership to grow the company using digital resources. The CTO will be responsible for the long-range direction of ISG’s technology services and the platforms that enable delivery of exceptional value to our clients.
He or She will work closely with ISG’s top executives to understand the strategic positioning of ISG in the market and develop strategies for using technology resources to create and enhance product and service offerings. (The goals of these strategies will be to increase revenue with external clients, as well as collaborate and manage vendors who supply solutions to enhance ISG offerings.)
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 15-20 years of recent proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role in an outsourcing advisory/consultative services firm
- Working familiarity with regulatory and intellectual property (IP) issues and an ability to interface with legal counsel to incorporate those considerations into strategic planning and inter-company negotiations
- Advanced knowledge of technology trends to develop IT strategies
- Experience creating and managing budgets and business planning
- Experience leading the strategic development of IT enterprise business systems for client offerings
- Experience working with global stakeholders across multiple time zones
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technology solutions and emerging technologies with the ability to address the impact of those technologies on ISG’s base business functions
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience – managing technology, people, processes and technology
- Creative, solution-based thinking on potential offerings
- Conduct research on leading-edge technologies and make recommendations to yield the most competitive advantage and the highest probability of implementation
- Utilize capital to make investments designed to help ISG and its clients reach their IT objectives
- Work across the enterprise to establish and direct the strategic design, acquisition, governance, management, and implementation of an enterprise-wide technology architecture to achieve corporate goals
- Establish technology standards, to include quality assurance and application deployment process, and communicate technical information to the organization
- Ensures platform readiness by scaling the capacity of the technology team for implementation and technology footprint to support new sales and growth of the business – to not delay the growth of revenue
- Manage team of core-application, Web, quality assurance engineers as well as the technology team and platform for Managed Services and ISG GovernXTM
- Extend the current ISG GovernXTM platform to support additional ISG Products and Services, leading the development and platform readiness
- Manage the technology transition of Managed Services accounts from prior technology to GovernXTM per the schedule defined
- Integrate customer service and support with the software-engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability
- Help departments use technology profitably by supporting sales through technology demonstrations and capability expertise
- Conduct research, lead beta testing, manage case studies, and make determinations on the probability of implementing new digital enhancements
- Collaborate with and manage vendors that supply technology solutions
- Act as a thought leader in technology matters as evidenced by published articles, speaking engagements, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend IT solutions for the short- and long-term technology needs of ISG clients
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers and all other stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Stamford, CT; 50% travel
or open to any location, IF willing to be on-site in Stamford, CT 50% of the time plus up to 50% domestic and/or international travel