Iowa Wesleyan University
Associate Director of Financial Aid
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for an Associate Director of Financial Aid. This position will provide support to the Director of Financial Aid in the management and administration of student financial aid programs, particularly with regard to student support, regulatory compliance, and financial aid packaging. This individual will work closely with students regarding their eligibility for and questions relating to federal, state, and institutional aid programs.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide information to students regarding financial aid and student accounts using a team approach to assist and support students.
- Accurate and expedited student aid packaging.
- Understand the procedures of Admissions, Registration, and Housing and how they can impact a student’s financial aid award package.
- Demonstrate an acute awareness of the confidential/sensitive nature of issues concerning students.
- Counsel students regarding eligibility for federal, state, and institutional aid programs.
- Manage outside scholarships and work-study coordination.
- Provide accurate information to all prospective and continuing students and/or parents regarding educational costs, availability of financial aid resources, program eligibility, application processes and strategies for meeting University costs.
- Work closely with students and parents in resolving errors or concerns.
- Ensure paperwork is complete and documented for awarding and loan processing.
- Assist students and families with the Verification process.
- Counsel families regarding award letter and provide assistance for balances through PLUS loans, alternative loans and monthly payments.
- Coordinate Federal Stafford and Perkins loan debt management efforts.
- Provide backup to Business Office/Student Accounts.
- On a weekly basis determine the students that are eligible for a refund and distribute batches.
- Answer phones, open mail, help resolve issues concerning student accounts, financial aid and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in student financial aid.
- Excellent customer, telephone, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle fast paced environment and remain productive.
Eligible candidates should upload their letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/career . No phone calls please; candidates will be contacted if additional information needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Student Financial Aid: 1 year (Preferred)