Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Sales Leadership Program is a 12-18 month structured program that will expose future sales leaders to various aspects of Performance Coatings Group Divisions. This is a rotational program that will provide the experiences needed to build the keys skills that will enable participants to become a successful sales professional.
The program will include the following experiences:
- External Customer Interaction
o Build acumen around the Sherwin-Williams business, segments, customers, and go-to-market strategy.
o Gain a thorough understanding of Sherwin-Williams Sales Process.
o Build technical selling skills and aptitude
o Develop strategic plans to effectively understand and meet current and prospective customer needs.
o Understand the pricing strategy and how it is executed.
o Execute product application and troubleshoot product issues.
o Support Sales Reps in meeting financial goals and gain an understanding of territory and budget management (P&L).
o Build cross-functional partnerships with and understand the interaction of Sales, Marketing, Operations, & R&D to execute sales strategy.
o Gain a basic understanding of the product offerings and applications of all PCG divisions.
o Learn the day-to-day Branch/Facility/Lab operations, including asset and inventory management (P&L).
o Gain a basic understanding of warehouse or branch management.
o Assist in collecting market information on customers and competitors, and estimating customer potential and the facility/branch’s market share.
o Partner with marketing and sales to identify competitor strengths and weaknesses and S-W's competitive advantages.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in sales.
- GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Must be open to relocation based on business need.
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
- Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50-100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
- Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours.
- Must have valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- If usage of employee’s own vehicle is required, employee must obtain appropriate insurance as defined by Corporate Policy.
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Education in Professional Center for Sales , Sales Academy or Sales Institute.
- Sales certification or Pi Sigma Ep member.
- Prior sales, customer service and/or paint experience.
- Sales knowledge and understanding.
- Knowledge of B2B sales concepts.
- Drive to be in technical sales.