Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
MedHub (medhub.com), a division of Ascend Learning, is the leading provider of health care education management solutions for graduate and undergraduate medical education, and advanced practice healthcare institutions. MedHub offers two health care education solutions, MedHub and E*Value, used by more than 600 organizations to address the complex tasks and interactions between trainees, educators, programs and institutions. Both were developed to enhance institutional oversight, improve educational outcomes, reduce redundant administrative effort, and mitigate institutional risk and liability.
MedHub is hiring a UME Consultant to join their team. The UME Consultant provides assigned consultation services, eLearning courses and national accreditation and market expertise to the product and client base to administrators and educators in all types of programs. This can be a remote position with travel.
- Share best practices and national expertise, product knowledge for the UME market
- Create eLearning opportunities for consulting purposes
- Manage Curriculum Mapping and Lottery as expert for client base
- Engage with executive level positions at client base to analyze and assess best practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in national accreditation
- At least 5 years of experience in undergraduate medical education in a hospital setting
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix
- eLearning experience with software, engineering or IT education work experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using active learning strategies in a variety of learning environments
- Simulation experience as a simulation coordinator or super user
- Experience mentoring new deans and directors
- National accreditation experience and university management
- Proficiency in basic computer technologies, specifically Microsoft Office, Microsoft outlook and PowerPoint.
- Current proficiency presenting to small and large group audiences either in person, via conference call and/or in web enabled environments using PowerPoint and other technologies
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with faculty in all types of programs
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and deliver results in ambiguous environments
- Must be able to travel up to 25% and navigate to schools in cities across the country as needed
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.