SUMMARY: Allocates merchandise to stores by analyzing individual businesses using zonal unit plans while taking on a leadership role within the Planning and Allocation department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Evaluate allocation methods, strategies and analytics
· Effectively work with Planning Manager and team to identify and implement allocation strategies to achieve or exceed goals.
· Review and analyze zone performance weekly to determine allocation strategy for the week.
· Work with Planning Manager and tem to analyze historical, seasonal and current trends using zonal unit plans.
· Work with planning manager to use rank files to plan out future allocation needs. Learn logic behind rank files.
· Identify key items and determine best method to allocate goods equitably to stores.
· Utilize systems to analyze business as needed.
· Manage purchase orders from initial allocation through the end of life cycle of merchandise, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
· Manage overall store inventory levels based on store capacity, seasonality and selling curves using zonal unit plans.
· Monitor performance of assigned classifications to ensure inventory levels, assortments and quantities are appropriate to achieve the company’s sales and profitability objectives.
· Develop and execute allocation strategies for assigned department in accordance with merchandise plans, unit and zonal plans, store attributes and company objectives.
· Weekly monitor classification/style performance and adjust allocation strategy to maximize sales opportunities and minimize markdown liability.
· Regularly visit stores and competition to understand business trends in-store.
· Develop relationship with merchant team in order to effectively understand merchandise and merchant strategy.
· Develop working relationship with the distribution centers to ensure continuous flow of product to stores. Act as liaison between the merchant team and the distribution center.
· Monitor new/reno store shipping and performance to ensure inventory levels are achieved and stores are funded.
· Takes on leadership role within the department’s planning team.
· Works with training new allocation analysts.
· Consistently works with planning manager to help drive the business by discussing plan changes and opportunities on the unit plans. Suggest changes to zonal plans.
· Takes on leadership role across Planning and Allocation department by working with analysts across departments to analyze stores and zones at a total level in order to maximize business opportunities.
· Responsible for larger amount of shipping in the department and across the total Planning and Allocation departments.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: 4 Year Degree, 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and understand documents such as general correspondence, department reports and office procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and fellow associates. Extensive computer skills required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to talk and hear
· Manual dexterity is required to operate computer and telephone
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance