Elmhurst Commons is an assisted living facility which offers exceptional cares and a best in class working environment.
We are currently seeking a Cook to join our team!
Includes Weekend Work. Part Time/Casual Schedule.
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED
The Cook is responsible for food preparation and overseeing the daily preparation of the breakfast, lunch and dinner meals in the assisted living setting including direction of food service workers to accomplish this task. The Cook is also responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen.
Benefits for the Cook position:
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Free Meal During Your Shift
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (30+ Hours per week)
- Short Term Disability and Term Life Insurance Plans available (30+ Hours per week)
- Vacation Time (Part Time & Full Time)
- Sick Time (Full Time)
- Retirement Savings (Full Time)
- Paid Training and Continued Education
- Positive Work Environment with Exceptional Leaders
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Include but are not limited to):
- Prepares daily hot food items for meals
- Assists the Cook Manager with ordering food and supplies
- Supervises food service staff in meal production and safe food preparation techniques.
- Ensures that the kitchen area is safe and maintained according to state and local sanitary standards.
- Maintains records and plans for future meals
Keywords: Cook, Chef, Prep Cook, Cooking, Kitchen, Assisted Living, Benefits, Line Cook, Food Service, Hiring Immediately, Culinary, Dietary Aide or Cook, Restaurant, Cooking, Food Service, Hiring Immediately, Culinary, Dietary Aide or Cook, Restaurant, Cooking, Food Service, Hiring Immediately, Culinary, Dietary Aide or Cook, Restaurant, Cooking
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekends as needed
We continue to follow guidance from MDH and the CDC.
Work Location: In person