National/international building envelope consultancy seeks highly motivated exterior wall consultant for Chicago, IL office.
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of aluminum-and-glass curtain wall systems; window systems; masonry; stone; precast concrete; or unitized/panelized façade systems featuring barrier wall, rain screen or pressure equalized performance capabilities; and have understanding in the use and application of sealants, flashings, thermal insulation, and air/water/vapor barrier materials within the systems listed above;
- Be able to read and understand architectural and structural drawings, wind tunnel test reports and technical specifications;
- Be able to work with clients and other consulting staff to develop new architectural details and/or remedial details and specifications for exterior building enclosure systems;
- Be able to work outdoors in the field observing installation on construction sites; performing existing wall condition surveys and performing diagnostic testing in accordance with industry standards;
- Be able to communicate and work both independently and within a team environment;
- Have excellent communication and writing skills;
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Bluebeam;
- Some travel required.
The following qualifications are considered a plus, but not required:
- Licensed (or working toward licensure) Architect or Engineer;
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit;
- Participation in National Standards Committees.
- Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Company benefits for a full time position.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term/long-term disability benefits
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- (8) Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee related events
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)