- Data Mining
Job Description Summary
What Commercial Operations contributes to BD
The mission of the CoE is to enable commercial strategy and drive profitable sales growth by shifting our mindset to being more “front office”, by exceeding customer needs and improving customer experience in the areas of contracting, sales operations, business analytics and program management/operational excellence.
This will be accomplished by standardizing, automating and integrating (CoE approach) as one company, driving data integrity and remaining agile to the evolving needs of customers and BD’s Go-to-Market corporate and BU strategies.
The Center of Excellence (CoE) team will embrace industry leading capabilities, develop our talent and know- how, hold ourselves accountable to strong performance and operate by the highest values and culture of the company.
Accountabilities in this role
This role will be a key member of Business Analytics Technologies team driving dashboard development, data validation and usage adoption for all Business Insights and Analytics initiatives focusing on data integration. This role will focus on integration of acquired businesses into the COE data governance and has a duration of 24 months. This role will be an individual contributor successfully accomplished through strong technical and interpersonal skills, change management expertise, and by executing the dashboard and insights strategy for the organization in accordance with the CoE mission. This position will work closely with BD US Region Leaders, Business Sales Leaders, other Comm Ops functional areas, Cross-functional Business Partners including IT and will serve as a catalyst to drive best in class analytics capabilities.
- Execute CoE analytics and reporting strategy for the US Region and supported businesses.
- Manage the optimization and design of self-service tools for key business partners and internal customers across all analytics areas.
- Represent integrated reporting needs in the Commercial Operations Data Governance
- Accountable for ensuring foundational data and data models are at a high quality for completeness, timeliness and accuracy through strong partnership with the C2C team and IT via the Strategic Insights Governance process.
- Develop and roll out standardized process and tools to internal and external audiences
- Perform ongoing assessment of Analytics tools (Calculators, Price Models, P&L models, etc.) and dashboards relative to their usability, efficacy and adoption with their respective audiences.
- Collaborate with BU Management, Marketing and Sales to understand information needs to optimize existing tools and create new solutions.
- Optimize and automate current portfolio of tools to provide accurate/timely data in a usable/automated format to visualize trends relative to analytics function.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and document business requirements
- Translate and enhance business requirements into timely validated deliverables adhering to governance policies
- Supports all pillars of Commercial Operations regarding performance metrics and KPIs
- Leads and participates in key projects as assigned by leadership
- Hold accountability for team goals and KPIs
- 10%-25% Travel required for this position
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in business analytics, large BI projects, tool design (Excel, Access, etc.) or dashboard design desirable
- Highly proficient in Excel, Database development (i.e. MS Access, SQL, Oracle), Data Mining tools and SAP BI/BW & Qlikview in the context of Analytics.
- Qlikview experience required
- Deep understanding in data relations, data standardization and analytics as it relates to Medical Device Capital and Consumables products and services.
- Proven experience in implementing new processes/systems and improvement of process efficiency
- Highly strategic and analytical problem solver with solid business acumen. Able to identify key business information needs through dialog and assist in development clear strategic recommendations on how to provide the desired insights.
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization.
- Ability to prioritize and execute a variety of objectives and clearly communicate progress and roadblocks
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, thought leadership and the business value of solutions in a clear, understandable way
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Process Effectiveness
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes