Texas Health Plano seeks to hire an experienced Pediatrics, Maternal/Newborn RN to work Full- time.
The address is 6200 W. Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary range is Minimum $25.00/hr to Maximum $49.03/hr – based on relevant RN experience
- Full time: Night shift 6:45PM-7:150AM. (3) 12-hour shifts/week, Rotating weekend and holidays. Self-scheduling.
- The de Milleville Pediatric Unit at Texas Health Plano, a MAGNET and Mother-friendly designated facility, has been named “Best Place to Have a Baby”.
- 22-bed pediatric unit
- Medical and Surgical services for infants, children and adolescents up to 18 years of age
- 2 Maternal/Newborn, couplet care floors
- Average 350-375 deliveries per month.
- Perform PKU's and well-baby assessments
- Assist with Postpartum and newborn care
- Promote skin to skin care after deliver
- Provide breastfeeding education
- Responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes.
- Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – RN’s hired after January 2017 require BSN within 2 years of start date. RN's hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
- One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required.
- RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support required within 6 months (pediatric only)
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor