The Administrative Coordinator, Development reports to the Director of Development and is a member of the Development Team. This position drives the administrative, logistics, tracking and correspondence needs for the department and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Maintain day-to-day administrative needs including communications, files, records, materials and office supplies for the Development Department
- Send detailed and personalized correspondence with senior level C-suite clientele including mass mailings utilizing mail merge technology; sending thank you letters, requests, action items, or campaigns
- Process monthly invoices, track payments and deliverables from vendors specific to the department; sending applicable reports to the Director for budgetary tracking
- Detailed data entry into Raiser’s Edge recording specific contact information and demographics; ensure consistency, uniformity, and consolidation of information with peers
- Create reports and gather analytics to inform and drive content used for internal and external communications including messaging for donors, board reports, and campaigns
- Act as the front-line customer service representative for all internal and external inquires; appropriately redirect and prioritize all phone calls, emails or requests
- Work closely with staff and consultants to provide hands-on support at numerous events with planning and on-site execution
- Work with Finance/Accounting Department to record monetary donations into Raiser’s Edge software (checks/charges) received from fundraising events
- Support event logistics: coordination of materials, collateral distribution, communication with event planners, vendors and attendees, relevant reporting
- Generate tailored invoices for accounts receivable tracking payments and deliverables for the department
- Lead data entry and updates on internal Dashboard; posting status updates and progress on numerous projects daily; assist with training of other staff on utilization
- Serve as main contact between with the State Registration vendors to facilitate contract updates, signatures, etc.
- Create necessary materials for events including name badges, auction bid sheets, agendas, programs and various promotional materials
- Monitor department promotional materials to help ensure a centralized message; working closely with consultants, design firm and internal stakeholders on flyers, save-the-dates, signage, etc.
- Support with gathering and organization of key materials for board meetings and audits
- Server as main administrator and contact for matching gift platform; help ensure donor gifts are being matched and answer questions regarding the process
- Secure catering, florist, messenger or other services as requested
- Be attentive and observant of all parts of the facility and operations to ensure a safe and secure environment for all staff and guests; report violations or concerns in a timely fashion
- Serve as a resource for staff, families, guests, volunteers, donors and other community members
Qualifications & Competencies
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in related fields; experience with C-suite level or donor relations preferred
- Stellar attention-to-detail and organization skills especially as it relates to record-keeping and correspondences
- Exceptional verbal and written communication ability with successful interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with colleagues, donors, and leaders at all levels are required
- Demonstrated ability to manage digital records; experience with Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge or any CRM platforms or similar databases preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Publisher) required; Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, InDesign, and Canva preferred
- Team-oriented, hospitable and customer service focused personality displaying a professional and friendly demeanor; ready to jump in and support the team and organization
- Excellent time management skills needed to handle multiple, concurrent projects with strict deadlines; ability to operate under pressure
- Experience with accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, budgets, or expense reports preferred
- Knowledge of Development Department functions including fundraising nuances and donor relationship building a plus
- Must be able to work some evenings, weekends or holidays for events
- Notary a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ronald McDonald House New York believes that all employees are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veterans, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic while meeting the mental and physical requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work for this job is performed mostly in an office setting. Some outdoor work is required.
- This position is largely a sedentary role that will require some filing or stocking of supplies. Some lifting may be required up to 15 pounds.
- This position may require standing or walking for extensive periods of time for major events and tours of the facility.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office for this job is located in the same facility where RMH-NY provides temporary accommodations to pediatric patients and their families while the patients are undergoing active medical treatment at area hospitals. For some RMH-NY guests, medical treatment may include radiation therapy. While radiation therapy is never administered at RMH-NY, there is the potential for some radioactive material to be present in guests who have undergone radiation therapy. Based on radiation measurements performed throughout RMH-NY, it is not expected that individuals working at RMH-NY will receive radiation doses that would exceed the general public limit (100 millirem per year).
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Noise levels often increase with families and children in public spaces particularly in events.
- Some local/day travel will be necessary for the role.
- This job description is an overview of major duties, activities and responsibilities required for the role
- This description is not intended to be a complete listing of all tasks required for the role
- Responsibilities will change with the needs of the organization