Experience and Education Requirements
- Act as the business leader responsible for programs/projects from inception to the conclusion of the program.
- Oversee functional areas during development to meet key deliverables (Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, AME, Finance, Quality, Production) through cross function team meetings, open issues lists and aligned schedules.
- Focus point for project communication – both internal and external (customer)
- Meet or improve on spend, capital investment, and tooling recovery financial targets for SOP (launch) and profitability commitment for the life of the product which was baselined at the quote approval.
- Monitor timing, quality, technical and financial risks and issues on assigned projects. Mitigate risks or resolve issues where possible. Elevate and focus management attention when there is not timely resolution.
- Ensure that timely and accurate Gate Reviews and routine reports are conducted on assigned projects, using these tools to expose risks and elevate issues.
- Accurate project reporting using PPM tools as directed, i.e. program schedules, status, financials.
- Strong control over program change management for internally and externally generated change requests during development.
- Ensure programs launch on time and meet deliverables.
- Experience working on global / virtual teams
- Remain flexible to changing responsibilities and workload adjustments.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are key.
- Flexible working hours if/as required to support global team and customer base. Up to 25% travel
- BS in business or engineering required. MS in engineering or MBA preferred. PMI certification desired.
- Experience in automotive industry required . Proficiency in English required. Cross-functional, project management experience desired. Experience with Agile project management methods and tools a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
A bachelors degree in project management, engineering or related technical field required.
Experience and Skill Requirements
8-10 years in a technical role, preferably one with significant customer interaction such as applications engineering
Knowledge of the standard Microsoft business software applications
Certified PMP / willingness to pursue certification within an agreed timeframe
Flexible working hours if/as required to support global customer base
Up to 25% travel
Spanish language skills desirable