Under supervision, perform general administrative functions such as data entry, reception, and filing. Serve as initial contact to the public and provide service to a diverse clientele. Answer and screen incoming calls using a multi-line phone system; record messages; engage in public contact with middle school and high school students, teachers, administrators and parents; make independent responses to verbal and written inquiries and maintain a good appearance of the reception area. Create documents and spreadsheets using computer software applications such as Excel and Word. Schedule appointments for eight Advisors and one Financial Aid Specialist. Update student, school and district records; enter data into a Filemaker Pro database. Order supplies, maintain the supply inventory and assist with equipment inventory. Back-up to accounts payable and travel reimbursement processor.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Lift and transport supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
Background Check Required:
- Participate in required preventative medical and medical monitoring programs which will include TB screening.
- Work in an office environment with high traffic and frequent interruptions.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Position is a mandatory reporter for known or suspected child abuse and requires that a statement acknowledging the requirement to report child abuse be signed.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience interacting with individuals of varying ages and cultural backgrounds in person, email and by telephone.
- Experience using computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience working with various office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, 10-key calculator).
- Experience preparing documents, reports and flyers; experience editing and proof-reading final copy for spelling, syntax, and attractiveness.
- Experience ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Experience with accounts payable using an automated accounting system.
- Experience tabulating data.
- Experience multi-tasking, organizing workload and meeting multiple deadlines; skills to set priorities and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Experience working with frequent interruptions.
- Experience using Filemaker Pro database software.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures and federal regulations.
- Experience using multi-line phone system.