Ashland University (AU) is announcing the search for the Dean of the Dauch College of Business and Economics. This prestigious position is available starting June 1, 2023 or earlier. The College seeks a visionary leader to address the significant changes that are occurring in higher education. The Dean will embrace and champion the ethos of the Brethren heritage, Mission, Vision and Values of the University, and Accent on the Individual along with innovative ideas, teaching modalities, and opportunities.
The Dean is the chief academic leader of the College and reports to the Provost. The Dean fulfills responsibilities identified in the Faculty Rules and Regulations and duties assigned by the Provost. This includes serving as the institutional head of business and economics education at Ashland University. The Dean supervises continuous improvement, program evaluation, and assessment systems and ensures the development of marketing and recruitment systems for the College. The Dean will provide leadership in teaching, scholarly activity and service to both the college and university community. The Dean will also support program development, grant writing, and scholarship. The Dean will foster the University’s commitment to character education rooted in our Christian heritage.
- Serves as the chief administrator of the Dauch College of Business and Economics.
- Provides leadership and support in the College’s pursuit of AACSB accreditation.
- Provides leadership, support, and accountability for department chairs, faculty and staff.
- Acts as an advocate for the College of Business and Economics on the Academic Council and on any other committee or task force deemed appropriate by the Provost.
- Supports faculty, staff, and programs on the main campus and at all regional centers including growing undergraduate and graduate college enrollment.
- Leads the College in the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
- Facilitates and supports new program ideation and curriculum development in the College and in collaboration among colleges.
- Leads the business advisory board and manages philanthropic and entrepreneurial efforts for the College.
- Supports and expands scholarly and intellectual activities, and growth for faculty and students in the College.
- Assures all relevant reports for ODHE, AACSB, ACBSP, HLC, and other specialized accreditation and external agencies are submitted.
- Assists department chairs in dealing with any matters related to personnel and acts on recommendations related to the employment within the College in accordance with the Faculty Rules and Regulations and the Academic Affairs Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Acts on recommendations related to promotion and tenure in accordance with the Faculty Rules and Regulations.
- Administers the budgets for the College of Business and Economics and serves as its chief budget officer.
- Fulfills all other responsibilities assigned by the Provost, including those unique to the nature of the College of Business and Economics.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished administrator, with a history of decisive, innovative and entrepreneurial leadership, who will be a strong advocate for the College within the university and at the local, regional, and national levels. The Dean will advance the College’s commitment to community, innovation, and all teaching modalities including online learning. The candidate will be conversant with contemporary issues in higher education and will be experienced in engaging with external agencies and organizations. The successful candidate will promote the University’s core values, especially teaching excellence. The Dean will lead a College that must continue to attract the best students and to shepherd the development of faculty who produce new knowledge and offer innovative, academic programs recognized by employers and graduate schools throughout Ohio and beyond for producing highly-valued graduates.
The successful candidate will hold an earned doctorate in a discipline represented in the College of Business and Economics or related field and have evidence of distinguished teaching and scholarship commensurate with the rank of full professor.
Anticipated Start Date of New Hire
Anticipated Number of Hours Working per Week
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The search committee will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. For immediate consideration, applicants should complete the job application and upload a CV, letter of interest, and two (2) letters of recommendation.
Job Type: Full-time