Please note this is a shared position between Dakota County Technical College (Rosemount, MN) and Inver Hills Community College (Inver Grove Heights, MN) and will oversee the foundations of both colleges.
The Executive Director of the Foundation and Community Relations is responsible for creating, directing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program in conjunction with the Dakota County Technical College (DCTC) and Inver Hills Community College (IHCC) Foundations. This position is responsible for leading institutional marketing, public communications and campaigns that strategically position the colleges in Minnesota's higher education market. This position involves significant discretion and substantial involvement of the development, interpretation and implementation of Minnesota State, college and foundation policies and all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Examples of Duties:
Provide strategic leadership to both Inver Hills Community College and Dakota County Technical College foundations' boards and function as the primary point of contact for both Foundation boards, donors, and community stakeholders. Provide guidance and collaborate with the colleges' president and leadership on major gifts and other fundraising initiatives aimed at supporting the colleges' mission.
Manage the colleges' annual giving programs and events and oversee scholarship development and award programs.
Develop and manage the foundations' donor relations and stewardship programs including alumni relations.
Supervise and provide strategic direction for development director at each college and aligned foundation accounting and business coordinator.
Manage policies and processes necessary for the successful and fiscally responsible operation of the foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of fundraising experience, foundation, or non-profit experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships within the college and in the community.
- Proven record of community engagement.
- Experience in strategic planning and budgeting.
- Demonstrated commitment to the value of a comprehensive community college; a history of advocacy on behalf of public education.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
- Master’s degree
- Four (4) or more years of experience leading a foundation or non-profit organization, fundraising, and marketing.
- Knowledge of local business, non-profit and philanthropic community.
- Experience with donor management software.
Please apply online by completing application and attaching resume and cover letter to https://agency.governmentjobs.com/inverhills/default.cfm.