Summary of Job:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of software for semiconductor equipment. The candidate will be working with a team of Electrical, Mechanical, and Sr Embedded Engineers in an office/lab environment.
Reports to Sr. Director of Engineering
- Design software for embedded systems
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging integration and verification.
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical designers to develop and execute a project plan and requirements.
- Candidate must live within a 45-minute commute of the office from which they will be working. Candidates outside this distance must be willing to relocate prior to commencing employment.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Microcontroller firmware development for embedded systems
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, C#
- Minimum 10-year experience performing the essential job functions above
- Close attention to detail is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is a must
Preferred but not required experience
- Understanding of digital and analog circuits and ability to read schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot Analog, Digital, and Mixed Signals at the Hardware Level
- FPGA design
- Microsoft .Net for GUI applications
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent problem solving abilities.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively in teams providing direction to both peers and management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different types of people in different organizations throughout the company
Customary Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Walking, standing and sitting
- Long periods of computer usage
- Handling – seizing, holding, grasping and fingering of objects
- Vision – close vision, color differentiation
- Office Setting
- Moderate noise level
- Minimal travel required
- Flexible hours. May be required to work on off hours and weekends.
Related keywords: software engineer, senior software engineer, software developer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 (Preferred)
- Will you now or in the future require Reno Sub-Systems to sponsor you for a work visa?
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place