Greenbacker Capital Management LLC: Associate Asset Manager
Greenbacker’s asset management team is looking for an Associate Asset Manager to join our team! This is a dynamic entry-level role that offers exposure to many areas of asset management and technical matters at a growing green, socially responsible company.
Greenbacker Renewable Energy Company LLC (“Greenbacker”) is a publicly registered, non-traded limited liability company that acquires and manages a diversified portfolio of income-producing renewable energy power facilities, energy efficiency projects and other sustainable development investments. Greenbacker focuses on generating and selling electricity to creditworthy power off takers via long-term contracts. As part of our initial strategy, we have focused on solar energy and wind energy projects as well as energy efficiency projects. Currently, we are in the middle of a continuous equity offering to raise up to $1,000,000 in capital through independent broker dealers and registered investment advisors to invest in alternative energy power generation assets.
Please visit our website at www.greenbackerrenewableenergy.com to further understand our company, investment strategy and current portfolio of renewable energy assets.
As Greenbacker continues to raise capital and grow our investment portfolio, an opportunity has arisen to join Greenbacker Capital Management in an Associate Asset Manager capacity. While the role will report to Greenbacker’s Vice President of Asset Management, the selected individual will work and train closely with the Technical Asset Management (TAM) team, specifically the Director of Asset Management, while also working independently to be the designated point of contact for smaller assets and fulfill all reporting requirements to customers, financial partners, and utilities. The TAM team is responsible for operating all of our existing solar & wind assets as well as conducting technical diligence on new acquisitions. The Associate Asset Manager position will be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build a career in renewable energy to learn from a team of world class renewable energy professionals.THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN OUR PORTLAND MAINE OFFICE.
As a small and evolving firm, the responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing. Additionally, in joining a growing team there is significant opportunity to gain responsibility and perform high level tasks earlier than what is typical at larger organizations; such opportunity will be based solely on the merits of the individual joining our team. The role will be based in Portland, ME and will require occasional project related travel as well as travel to conferences and industry events.
- Produce all production and operations activity reports required for internal/external parties accurately and on time.
- Manage all asset management compliance related tasks to ensure prompt completion.
- Act as point of contact for small off-takers, lessors, and financial parties.
- Provide Director of Asset Management and Vice President of Asset Management with the data and reports they need to manage relationships with large off-takers, lessors, and financial parties.
- Help to streamline, automate, and improve processes related to reporting and compliance requirements.
- Serve as administrator for asset management entries into our database to ensure 100% of activity is recorded in our database.
- Work on side projects for Asset Management team to improve productivity and organization of the department.
- Perform day to day filing and record keeping duties for the Asset Management team.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- 2 year or 4 year college degree with a technical major, including engineering or computer science, a plus.
- Highly proficient in learning new software tools and their advanced capabilities.
- Experience in problem solving role not exclusive to the renewable energy industry.
- Some familiarity, education or experience with energy project construction or operation.
- A strong focus in organization and timeliness with an ability to manage and support other parties to help provide timely reporting. This role will be responsible for reporting deadlines that can have negative consequences for the company if they are not met.
- An Ability to maintain organization and timeliness in a chaotic environment and to help others in the department be more organized and timely in their endeavors.
- A true “self-starter”. We are a small team and need someone to bring the full breadth of their skills, expertise and intellect to work every day to help the business grow and improve and not just be a person content to complete tasks and wait for direction.
- Detail Oriented. Someone who will get the small things right and leave no stone unturned in the quest for precision and accuracy.
- Interested in and have some experience in renewable energy and energy markets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment. Inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated.
- Excellent time management.
- Willingness to work with a highly motivated, experienced group of professionals in an open office environment a must.
- A team player who enjoys a friendly but professional team dynamic.
- Grow with a small and evolving team and work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experienced senior team with strong values, providing excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Significant exposure to prestige projects in the fast growing alternative energy sector.
- Broad and varied exposure to all aspects of the team’s activities, such as performance monitoring, technical support, compliance delivery, process building, customer service, and performance reporting.
Job Type: Full-time