We are a leading-edge HVAC/R wholesale distributor with multiple branches throughout NY and PA. Currently, we are recruiting an Inside Salesperson for our Stroudsburg, PA branch. Meier Supply Co., is proud to be 100% employee-owned and operated. Our company culture is based on core values including trust, respect, customer focus and teamwork.
We strive to provide a workplace that allows our employee owners to have rewarding careers. We provide competitive salaries and benefits including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability pay, PTO (paid-time-off for vacations and personal time), paid holidays, 401K retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, plus much more.
Qualified candidates for the Inside Sales position must possess the following skills and competencies:
- 2 or more yrs. experience performing inside/counter sales, or alternatively, working in the HVAC/R industry.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of HVAC/R equipment, supplies, products and the distribution industry
- Previous experience trouble-shooting HVAC/R systems and/or experience as a service technician a strong plus
- HVAC/R Technical training also preferred
- Proficient with computer systems and/or be able to learn new systems easily
- Basic math skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Customer-service oriented and able to communicate well with others
- Team player who is flexible and adaptable with changing business needs
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand and walk, lift and carry items weighing up to 60 lbs. and the knowledge of material handling equipment in order to safely move product weighing more than 60 pounds.
An overview of responsibilities include:
- Service walk-in and telephone customers and assist with sourcing and shipping parts, inventory control and warranty administration.
- Provide customer product and service needs by researching products via computer system, catalog, telephone or other reference sources.
- Arrange stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order.
- Apply suggestive selling techniques and up sells to current and prospective customers.
- Conduct outgoing customer sales or service calls and resolve customer complaints.
- Responsible for showroom merchandising and re-stocking product.
- Serve as a backup driver or warehouse personnel when needed.
Please reply in confidence by responding to this ad including a resume and cover letter. Please let us know the best time and method to contact you (cell phone, home, email etc.)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any basis in our employment practices. Our workplace is drug-free. Complete background check and drug screening is performed on all candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inside Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: