At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
1. Source new business, develop/cultivate a client base, sell products and services by identifying
new financial planning, insurance and investment opportunities.
2. Grow, retain and maximize revenue and growth opportunities
3. Procure new revenue by cross-selling with existing market client base and sourcing new clients
outside bank referral channel.
4. Analyze investment opportunities and client needs, and recommend appropriate strategies.
5. Build client relationships based upon developing strategies for financial goals through the use of
financial planning, investment products, and wealth management tools.
6. Prepare and deliver presentations/seminars to clients and prospects for business development
7. Create a strong working relationship within assigned work market and with other district network
employees such as BDOs, BBOs, WSO, MBOs and FAs in an effort to maximize referral
opportunities and serve as a knowledgeable professional in the securities industry.
8. Deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
9. Support the branches in assigned market in maximizing the overall profitability of each
10. Demonstrated ability to create sales and marketing strategies for new client relationships.
11. Comply with all industry rules and regulations.
12. Comply with all and follow standards required by all regulatory agencies and internal compliance
rules and policies
13. All positions must meet minimum sales goals and maintain satisfactory client service relationships
on a consistent basis
14. Provide brokerage services for all lines of business at BBVA Compass (Retail, Wealth
Management and Commercial).
1. Personal Sales
- Provides financial advice and counseling to customers and prospects. Sells mutual funds,
government, municipal and corporate bonds, fixed and variable annuities life insurance
and manage money.
- Ability to source and develop an ongoing proactive prospecting plan to call on and attract
new affluent customers to the bank.
- Grow, retain and maximize existing customer relationships through the sale of new
investment solutions and retail banking services.
- Through the profiling process, maximize income by cross-selling retail bank products to
existing customers including consumer loans and mortgages as well as deposit products.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of all investment products offered by BBVA Compass as a
means to properly assess customer needs and make appropriate recommendations to
meet those needs.
- Maintains frequent communication with investment product wholesalers to stay abreast
on new product offerings, products enhancements or discontinued products.
- Highly organized planning of daily, weekly and monthly sales activities.
- Grow, retain and maximize growth opportunities within assigned portfolio.
- Throught the profiling process, identify additional referral opportunities.
- Customers will be contacted at least once per quarter and updates to the customer profile
- Maintain a current pipeline tracking reporting for all anticipated sales.
- Maintain appropriate customer files as directed by compliance.
- Keep current on all required compliance and regulatory training as required by FINRA,
BBVA Compass or other regulatory agencies.
- Follow standards required by all regulatory agencies as it relates to the sales of
4. Customer Service
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain appropriate level of follow up
- Ensure customer receives an update or satisfactory resolution within 48 hours.
- Grow, retain and maximize new relationships established through business development
efforts and with every portfolio customer.
- Achieve a minimum 100% of assigned goals.
- Know your customer’s profile and opportunities to fill their needs.
- Contact every portfolio customer at least once per quarter.
- Enter the profile conversation from each customer into the system with scheduled follow-
ups and email alerts.
- Be the foremost expert in offering solutions with the bank’s investment products and
- Utilize all available resources to source leads including networking activities, branch
referrals and portfolio opportunities.
- Become a key team player in the market area you support.
- Keep abreast of new/proposed issues and other factors impacting the financial markets.
- Maintain all required licenses by completing necessary compliance and product training.
- Establish new banking relationships from prospective customers to meet established
- Maximize profitability of assigned portfolio by achieving goals set by manager.
- Retain, grow and maximize portfolio results.
- Deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
7. Support Tools
- Money Guide Pro
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Investment Customer Portfolio
- Pershing NetX360
- Field Caesar
Associate Financial Advisor
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years proven non-traditional banking sales experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Series 6, 7, 63, 65, Life and Health Insurance Licenses (7 and 65 are critical)
- Knows and performs fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the Financial
- General awareness of business, financial, products/services and the market
- Very limited authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product/service terms.
- Good knowledge of securities and insurance products and FINRA/SEC rules and regulations
- Good oral and written communication skills