Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Dell Digital & ITteam in Round Rock, TX.
- Creates design specifications for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Works with clients and Business Analysts to determine software requirements and system impacts
- Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
- Mentors junior developers in industry best practices, procedures, and concepts
- Is responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
- Works closely with the global development team, other senior Solution Architects, and executives within the engineering group to plan ongoing feature development, product maintenance, and enhancements of high value capabilities to drive customer and stakeholder delight through our online sales properties.
8+ years of related experience building web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
Expert knowledge of object oriented programming & SOLID principles
Experience developing high performance applications
Experience utilizing app resiliency strategies
Comfortable working in a pair-programming environment
Expertise with TDD
Experience with distributed version control (ex:
Experience with scripting using powershell
Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
Knowledge & experience using Agile software development methodology
Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
Nice To Haves:
Understanding of cloud service and deployment models
Understanding of container technologies and the tools and challenges around them
Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or Microsoft Azure
Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Swarm, Mesos, and Kubernetes
Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.