Associated Global Systems has been serving customers since 1958. With over 125 plus locations and a nation-wide staff of transportation experts, we can handle shipments of any size, to or from any zip code in the U.S. and Canada and in 196 countries around the world.
Our specialty is providing logistics solutions that are customized to our customer’s needs. We offer innovative, cost effective solutions for both domestic and international freight forwarding utilizing, air and ocean, as well as providing an outstanding program of supply chain services.
Our customer service employees are the front-line of our organization. Our customer depend on our customer service team to solve problems and answer their questions in a timely fashion. As a customer service person at AGS, you will be a key part of our team.
As a Customer Service/Operations Agent you will:
- Track and update shipment status
- Communicate service issues with customers while keeping management informed
- Maintain internal customer profiles and relevant customer information
- Work with vendors, agents and carriers to provide services required/requested
- Work with other company stations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Quote customers
- Route shipments via ground and air as needed
- Create shipping documents
- Answer customer questions via phone and email
Job Requirements of Customer Service/Operations Agent:
- A candidate with a degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management, or experience in domestic freight forwarding/logistics as a Customer Service/Operations Agent would be preferred.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook is required.
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A self-motivated, fast learner with a can do attitude is a must. The ability to work well under stress and in a fast paced team environment is also required.
- Geographical knowledge and use of military time is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short term and long term disability programs
- Life insurance
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service/operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- logistics and transportation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs