Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP), a non-profit statewide law firm, seeks a highly skilled, experienced person to serve as GLSP Regional Operations Manager in Macon. The mission of GLSP is to provide civil legal services for persons with low incomes, creating equal access to justice and opportunities out of poverty. Throughout its 46-year history, GLSP has been a leader in the representation of and legal advocacy for low-income Georgians. GLSP serves 154 of the 159 counties in Georgia, outside of metropolitan Atlanta, and has approximately 72 attorneys working in 11 offices throughout the state.
1) Assure all public, client-accessed areas are presentable to public. Report problems regarding office space and function to appropriate person in a timely manner.
2) Attend any and all meetings as instructed by GLSP and/or Managing Attorney
3) Direct questions regarding work duties to appropriate individuals within GLSP and the Regional Office
4) Maintain filing system (electronic and/or paper files) that contains documentation regarding grants, official notifications, personnel records for both staff and volunteers, and other items deemed appropriate by GLSP and/or Managing Attorney. Assures that files are destroyed in accordance with GLSP policy.
5) Assures all matters involving client information are handled in a confidential manner.
6) Actively participates in Intake meetings and contributes to enforcing and improving all policies and procedures involving the state-wide intake system. Acts as Administrator for intake line as scheduled by Associate Director.
7) Assure compliance and maintains familiarity with LSC and GLSP policies in the Office, and educate staff regarding existing policies and any changes in policy. Suggest new policies where necessary.
Timesheets, Reporting and Work plans:
1) Prepares and presents reports (timesheets, closed cases, etc.) regarding the work accomplished by the office at regular intervals to appropriate individuals as requested by GLSP and Managing Attorney.
2) Assists Managing Attorney in development, implementation, and supervision of office/individual work plans as needed.
Office Accounts and Budgets:
1) Oversees all matters related to Office spending, accounts, worker’s compensation, and budgets to assure maintenance of fiscal responsibility and accuracy of document. These include negotiation of lease, processing of payables, monitoring of grants, maintaining insurance, and more. Brings all discrepancies to Director of Finance or Manager of Accounting as needed. Prepares annual operating budget for Managing Attorney and Director of Finance review.
2) Maintains Petty Cash account and records regarding Petty Cash. Prepares and submits monthly reports to Manager of Accounting to replenish funds in Petty Cash.
1) Monitors grants compliance in Regional Office in regards to regular reporting, acceptable case numbers/costs/workloads. Meet with grantors as is necessary and/or required. Supervise and assist with all fundraising and grant-writing efforts by the Regional Office.
1) Prepare job announcements for review by Managing Attorney and Director of Human Resources prior to posting. Coordinate interviews and testing of all applicants. Assure that GLSP hiring policies are followed in all aspects of the hiring process.
2) Supervise Secretary, Receptionist, PAI/Community Outreach Coordinators, and other positions/volunteers as requested by Managing Attorney. Assist in the preparation and review of job descriptions for all paid personnel in accordance with GLSP policy.
Other Duties as Assigned.
Must have a high school diploma, college level work is preferred. The successful applicant must have good writing and excellent oral advocacy skills. Applicants must be knowledgeable in MS Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook, and Legal Server. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications; GLSP offers excellent fringe benefits.
GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer... It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time