A HealthWest Administrative Assistant, under general direction, lends administrative support to assigned department and management staff. An employee in this position performs a wide variety of highly responsible sub-administrative and technical work with a high degree of confidentiality. The Administrative Assistant requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to perform job functions with little or no supervision.
Required Minimum Entrance Qualifications
1. Possess an Associate's degree in a business program from an accredited university, college, or business school; AND one (1) year of secretarial experience; OR
2. Be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the General Education Development Test (GED); AND two (2) years' recent, progressively responsible secretarial experience.
3. Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued.
4. Individuals in Recovery and individuals with experience in Armed Services valued.
5. Possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
6. Must have reliable transportation that may have to be used to carry out job duties of this classification.
Physical Conditions / Work Location
An employee in this class performs generally sedentary work activities requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
An employee in this class generally works in the offices of HealthWest, although travel to other County and State locations is required.
The selected candidate must take a post-offer medical examination (including back screen and complete physical) and drug screening test given by a County appointed physician before the first day of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the medical examination and drug screening test. Applicants for County employment may be subject to a post-offer criminal background check, depending on the nature and assignment of the position. When such check is conducted, an offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the criminal background check. Appointees must satisfactorily complete a probationary period before the appointment will be considered permanent.
APPLICANT REVIEW PROCEDURE
Any applicant is entitled to a review of any determination or action taken by the County regarding the applicant's employment application. Inquiries should be directed to the County Human Resources Department.
The purpose of this recruitment is to establish an eligible list from which to fill present and future vacancies in this classification in the County system. For each opening, the Department Head has her/his choice of the candidates who meet the required minimum entrance qualifications. This list remains in effect for three months unless exhausted or extended.