If you love spending time with dogs of all sizes and breeds, have a positive attitude and are looking for a fun place to work with an amazing team then this may be the job for you.
This Dog Handler position is available in our Yorktown location. We are hiring for year-round employment.This position involves helping to manage a large group of dogs in an off-leash play environment. You will be trained to supervise the dogs to ensure that all are playing appropriately and safely. While in this position you will learn a lot about dog behavior and off leash play. We have an extensive training program.
Hours and Schedule:
- Supervising a large group of friendly but very active dogs. Directing their play, interrupting problems, making sure all dogs are safe and enjoying the daycare experience.
- Making observations about dog behaviors and health and helping to maintain records as directed
- Extensive cleaning of the facility to provide the healthiest environment possible for the dogs (picking up dog waste, vacuuming and mopping floors, cleaning dishes, doing laundry)
- Other duties as required to keep care for the dogs and their environment
We are hiring for someone to work between 30-40 hours per week. It may involve overnight shifts as well as day shifts. We have a staff member sleep over every night with the group of boarding dogs - the human staff member may or may not get sleep during that shift (depends on how active the dogs are).
We are at our busiest during holiday seasons, so the ability to work on holidays is required. We are open on the weekends as well, so weekend availability is a must.
- You must have your own car. *You must be 18 years of age or older to be considered. *You must live within a 30 minute drive of Yorktown. *You must be willing to make at least a one year commitment (no seasonal work). *You must be a reliable, hardworking and attentive individual who shows initiative. You need to be able to stand and walk around for many consecutive hours during your shift while managing the dogs. Finally, you must be comfortable with dogs of all sizes and breeds.
Starting pay for this position is typically $12/hr. (slightly higher if you have previous experience)
Available shifts and compensation:
We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $11.00 - $12.00/hour.
About Canine Kindergarten Yorktown:
We would like to welcome you to our brand new, state-of-the-art dog care facility. Specially designed with your dog in mind, we boast over 5,000 square feet indoor and 6,000 square feet outdoor – plenty of space for your dog to play, exercise and relax. Learn more about us at http://www.ckyorktown.com/.