Apply operations research, statistical analysis, and mathematical modeling techniques to various Air Force client problems across a wide range of disciplines, including operations, readiness, maintenance, logistics, human capital, and finance. Define problems, identify performance measures, and perform gap and root cause analyses to identify alternatives and recommendations to improve performance measures. Illustrate uncertainty for clients using limited data and ensure quality decision analysis using mathematical methods. Establish clear objectives for analyzing systems and ensure appropriate data collection to support study conclusions. Organize large amounts of data and develop models that identify trends and cause-effect relationships, lead to recommendations, and maximize operational efficiency, quality, and compliance. Author detailed written documentation and deliver technical briefings to senior Air Force leaders, including translating complex mathematical methods and their applications, results, and returns on investments into clear, comprehensible terms. Apply expertise in operations research, mathematics, statistics, business analysis, risk analysis, and cost or benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of operations research techniques
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Knowledge of the Air Force environment, including Headquarters Air Force, such as organization, staffing, and mission
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- BA or BS degree in Operations Research, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.