MANAGER, EXECUTIVE SALES & EDUCATION - HAIRCARE (remote / work from home)
This is a premium boutique beauty brand undergoing rapid international growth. We make luxury haircare products specifically for curly, wavy and textured hair. We are a go to haircare brand for Rihanna, Ciara and Jennifer Lopez.
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
You will recruit, motivate and develop Beauty Advisors, schedule their shifts, events, respond to their requests, monitor their sales, set their financial goals. You will provide them with product and selling skills training.
You will manage and develop relationships with store and salon managers and be responsible for financial results.
The Retail & Education Manager is responsible for the entire US Ulta business, with a scope to manage additional retailers within the next 6-12 months.
· Hire, Train and Manage approximately +50 Beauty Advisors
· Implement existing and future product and selling skills training
· Manage Beauty Advisors on daily basis (perform calls, conferences, trainings)
· Inspire each Beauty Advisor to create personal experiences for their Guests – speaking to specific haircare tricks, creating looks and social trends
· Influence the Beauty Advisors to become experts in haircare – and to use these skills to elevate the Guest experience
· Ensure knowledge and skills are trained effectively to Ulta in-store teams
· Provide in-store support to Beauty Managers, Store Management, and Field Managers
· Build and maintain successful relationships with the Store Management team, Beauty Manager, Senior Education Consultant(s), Field Manager, Product Consultants, and Ulta freestanding partners
· Monitor and partner with Ulta Inventory team to ensure appropriate stock levels
· Responsible for achieving sales and financial goals for stores across USA
· Create action plans to meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals
· Analyze business on a consistent basis while communicating to corporate
· Prepare and deliver weekly and monthly performance reviews
· Train staff on event expectations: sales, pre-sell, and appointment goals
· Schedule and conduct Stores management trainings
· Develop productivity guidelines for special events and sales, and the performance management of such
· Responsible for productivity evaluations for all Beauty Advisors on a weekly basis (demonstration productivity etc)
· Provide direction to Beauty Advisors on how to maintain counter image (cleanliness, effective use of merchandising units, proper placement of product lines, etc.)
· Monitor the performance of events
· Support retail buyers and planners with ordering system
· Show respect, initiative, enthusiasm, teamwork, and flexibility
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 5+ years experience in working at/with Ulta and/or Sephora is a must.
· Prior experience in managing Beauty Advisors is a must
· Experience in prestige beauty, haircare or skincare sales and management with a strong understanding of details and service
· Prior experience as Business Manager, Sales and/or Training
· Passionate about the brand and its values, and able to convey this passion to the team and the clients
· Empathetic and positive, results-oriented, and with an entrepreneurial mind set to develop the business
· Team player and strong listener, in addition to knowledge of how to recruit and build a high-performing and collaborative team
· Resourceful and strong analytic skills for proactive problem solving and for improving the store management on a continuous basis
· Strong demonstrated analytical, communication and project management skills
· Strong computer skills – MS Office suite
· Highly motivated with the ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment, passionate about cosmetics
WORK HOURS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· This is a Thursday to Monday working-week position, so you must be available to work on Saturdays and Sundays.
· Your days off are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
· This is a home-based position with no (or occasional) travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $26.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- retail education: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity