Provides complex administrative support for department management. Coordinates and oversees the work of support staff.
This position is considered Category IIA:
Not required on campus and has the ability to telework remotely for the duration of the University of Utah’s response to COVID-19. An employee hired into this role will be responsible for providing space, telephone, printing, networking and/or internet capabilities at the telecommute location and agree to the terms of the University of Utah campus and Health Academics COVID-19 Telecommuting Agreement.
Operator and Administrative Support
- Full time – provides phone reception service for contact tracing hotline
- Manages on-call schedule for nights and weekends
- Triages general calls to the self-report form
- Refers calls to appropriate on call advisor or contact tracer.
- Develops appropriate scripts and recordings for phone triage and voicemenail
- Conducts administrative tasks, such as maintaining contact lists, coordinating meetings, some data entry, and preparing email distribution lists for certain notifications
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Preferences Special Instructions Summary