- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or Equivalent;
- 5-7 years experience leading sales teams and has a passion for identifying and developing diverse talent;
- Minimum 7+ years in sales management, learning and development, and/or talent management experience;
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measureable metrics to execution;
- Proven program management and organizational planning skills;
- Ability to lead, manage, and create collaborate partnerships at senior levels- and an ability to successfully collaborate with individuals at all levels of the company;
- Strong writing, communication, and influencing skills;
Motivated leader who loves to learn, and can thrive in complex, rapidly evolving environment
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS was named the leader in the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) by Gartner’s Magic Quadrant report for the 8th consecutive year in 2018. Innovation is in our DNA. Our approach to product development and delivery is fundamentally different than other IT vendors, which has allowed us to ensure that our customers have the broadest, deepest, and most secure platform to build transformational applications and services since 2006.
The Worldwide Commercial Leadership Programs Manager will build and oversee the creation, development, and scaling of our college internship programs at AWS. The ideal candidate will design a program that is innovative, can scale globally, and thinks big. The candidate will manage the implementation cross-functionally with HR, Recruiting, and Sales Managers, taking into consideration the requirement to recruit, onboard, manage the program, and hire at scale. The successful candidate will create a compelling value proposition for college interns to choose AWS vs. other cloud native companies, and will help ensure that AWS remains a preferred brand for college interns.
The successful candidate must be able to create a commercial internship program that is uniquely customized to meet the changing needs of the AWS leadership team as AWS navigates the second phase of cloud adoption. The WW Commercial Leadership Program Manager will recruit, hire and onboard the best interns, and building a learning environment where interns can learn and thrive in the fast-paced, high standards culture of AWS. The candidate will interface closely with HR, Recruiting, business leaders, hiring managers, and interns throughout the program.
Our ideal candidate will have had a successful track record as a enterprise sales executive and as a sales manager, and will understand
deeply the next generation skills, attitudes and competencies that we are seeking in future AWS commercial talent because he/she is a part of this group themselves. The successful candidate will be a role model who will help emulate the AWS culture, and she/he will excel as a coach and mentor to others. The WW Commercial Leadership Program Manager will be able to successfully partner with Sales Managers to build and create meaningful roles that will enable interns to learn and grow, while contributing to the future success of AWS as they transition into full-time commercial roles upon college graduation.
After building a solid foundation with the development and creation of a WW Internship Program, the successful candidate will be able to leverage this momentum to build and create a new Commercial Leadership Program for more experienced graduates upon graduation, creating a new pipeline for commercial leaders inside AWS.
Key Leadership Principles and Responsibilities:
- Customer Obsession—the successful candidate will be customer obsessed, and will understand deeply how his/her success in creating, developing and building a compelling global internship program can translate to the future success of AWS through the identification and growth of a diverse WW Commercial talent pool.
- Insists on the Highest Standards—our ideal candidate has very high standards for a high quality worldwide internship program. He/she understands that in the battle for talent, providing a unique employee experience for the Z generation will provide AWS with a critical advantage in securing the best customer-facing commercial talent over time.
- Bias for Action—you understand that speed matters in business. You like to get things done, and make things happen. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and get involved in key details because you understand that when you are leading a worldwide program at this scale, details matter. The details are what create the customer, and the employee experience.
Earns Trust— The ideal candidate will be able to build strong relationships built on trust with AWS Sales Manage · Managers, HR, and a variety of Field Managers to design and deliver a WW Internship program that can deliver measurable results for both Managers and Interns.
- Deliver Results – through strong partnership and collaboration. Successfully partner closely with hiring managers and business stakeholders to understand their business needs, and recruit, hire and build a measurable, memorable, and high-impact internship experience that reflects a cloud native brand and results in high caliber commercial talent choosing to join AWS
- Think Big—Explore new and different ways to create and develop substantive learning and development activities for interns throughout their AWS experience
- Develop and Hire the Best—Partner closely with colleges and universities and tell the AWS story and educate them about our culture, and encourage them to help us identify, attract, and advance top university talent for the internship program early in their college experience - building a pipeline of quality intern candidates
- Invent and Simplify— The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who will require innovation and invention from themselves, their team, and their stakeholders – in order to ensure that AWS is consistently raising the bar on performance. He/She will partner successfully with Amazon University Programs on cycling candidates through a seamless process for sourcing, recruiting, screening, interviewing, and placement.
- Ownership— Demonstrate Program Ownership by focusing on the constant iteration of program pillars. Actively listens to and responds to feedback from key stakeholders to deliver measurable improvement of program quality, and customer satisfaction scores with program assignments, and hire rate of interns into full-time positions.
Are Right A Lot— The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate that he/she has been right a lot about past hires. He/she will have a track record for recruiting, developing and growing talent that wants to follow them. The candidate will be confident in their ideas, but · will always be seeking out the truth to disconfirm their beliefs by being open to ideas and asking the right questions.
- Data Driven— Build and Deliver on key KPI & metrics for the WW Internship Program. Report on internship program metrics to leadership and hiring managers throughout the program at key milestone timeframes. Track the % of commercial talented hired from the Internship program.
- Build Scalability— Partner with intern-hosting sales teams and managers across the globe to drive innovative ideas, gather and distribute best practices, and standardize where possible.
- Prior experience creating, developing and managing a complex, global multi-faceted program;
- 8+ years in Sales Leadership roles combined with a minimum of 5+ years working with early-career talent in a college-to-corporate environment;
- An appetite to build larger, more complex Commercial Leadership Programs for AWS in the near future
- An interest and curiosity in building Leadership and Executive Commercial Leadership programs in the future
- Experience in developing and managing Sales competency models for sales roles
- Proven success in the oversight of a people development program;
- Ability to present proposals in a clear, concise, and data-driven format;
- Strong program management skills and experience;
- Has a tendency to use facts and data to support continuous improvements;
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to build, develop and implement ideas independently and be able to thrive in a matrixed organization;
- Has experience and familiarity with the AWS platform, products, solutions, and capabilities.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principle requirements for the role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for the role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.