Located in Pittsburgh International Airport
Hudson is America's Largest Travel Retailer, Located in most airports. Start your new career and grow with us.
- $18 per hour
- $300 Hiring Bonus
- Daily Pay: Get your money daily as you earn it
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- 50% off Food and Drink
- 20% off everything else
- 401k match of 1%
- Easy transfer to another location
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Perk Spot partnership for hundreds of discounts
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
The Retail Operations Supervisor position is for you, if you would enjoy:
- Assisting the manager with managing book associates and the daily book operations in our bookstores and travel convenience stores while providing an amazing customer service experience to our customers.
- Work any shift, any day of the week, including weekend & holidays
- Work a full time schedule
- Oversee Booksellers in bookstores
Key Accountabilities - your team is counting on you as a Retail Operations Supervisor to:
- Provide excellent customer service by locating books, suggesting similar authors or titles, and putting the book in the customer's hand.
- Executes weekly change out in bookstores and travel convenience stores including placing reorders and ensuring promotional titles have signage and are stickered.
- Assists in maintaining book & sideline inventory, displays & inventory accuracy (including ordering, returns, section management, and creative merchandising)
- Ensures backlist sections are maintained, curated and organized
- Stays knowledgeable about Hudson bookselling programs and promotions
- Assists with compliance missions.
- Provides bookseller training
- Actively uses Beekeeper to promote bookstore signings, sales and events.
- Conducts store opening/closing/shift change procedures.
- May perform cash register preparation, float verifications, sport checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliation's, void processing and deposits.
- Ensures that all staff tardiness and absences are reported to management
- Ensures that booksellers are assigned daily duties and are aware of sales targets.
- Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
Retail Operations Supervisor Required Qualifications:
- Previous bookselling experience preferred
- Ability to manage, consult, and help plan daily activities with Book Operations Manager, General Manager, and other Supervisors.
- Approachable and interactive leadership qualities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years of retail supervisory experience
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.