Full-timeEstimated: $31,000 - $45,000 a yearAverage Employment Length: 2 years
- Health insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Communication skills
- Supervising experience
Full Job Description
Prepares and produces nutritious, well‑balanced meals in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, established policies and procedures, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepares foods in a timely manner, in accordance with sanitary regulations, and in accordance with planned menus as well as established policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with inter‑department personnel to assure that food service is properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Handles, stores, and rotates foods and supplies in the proper manner.
- Assures that the food production area and equipment are in good condition, properly sanitized and free of safety hazards.
- Supervises the serving of meals and ensures the food is at proper temperature, properly styled, palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Handles leftover foods by properly storing, wrapping, labeling and dating or properly follows up to ensure usage or disposal.
- Prepares food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus, standardized recipes, and special diet orders.
- Consults with Director of Dining Services or Chef regarding food production and carries out other duties as assigned by Chef or Supervisors.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers.
- Regular attendance.
- Team members will obtain and demonstrate knowledge of Successful Aging philosophies through Masterpiece Living education, including the core values of Integrity, Dedication, Respect, Compassion, Teamwork and Quality. Associates will support and participate in the Successful Aging Culture (i.e., assist in new initiatives, encourage residents and act as their “coach”). Be familiar with and fluent in the language and details of Successful Aging/Masterpiece Living.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years minimum experience cooking evening meals.
- 1 year experience in kitchen supervision.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process
At Acacia Creek, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations