Corporate Paralegal (Midtown)
Benefits: M-D-V, 401(k)
Provide support to the Legal Department's dynamic group of professionals based in various offices across the world who work independently on most matters but also in teams on special initiatives and projects. Candidate will work with two other corporate paralegals to support the Corporate Secretary function and all subsidiaries worldwide.
- Preparing Board of Directors and Shareholder minutes and resolutions.
- Assisting with appointment of officers, effecting necessary changes from time to time.
- Maintaining and updating corporate minute books and related corporate files.
- Coordinating corporate filings for new and existing entities, ordering documents from Secretaries of State, working with the firm’s agent for service of process.
- Coordinating notarization, certification and Apostille of corporate documents.
- Supporting the firm’s Treasury, Finance and Tax functions with bank account and other entity formation and operational activities (e.g., dividends, intercompany agreements).
- Responding to inquiries from McKinsey offices globally regarding corporate information in connection with office responses to client Requests For Proposals, tax inquiries and other corporate related matters.
- Issuing powers of attorney, certified copies of resolutions, incumbency certificates and other documents in support of the firm’s operations.
- Working with attorneys, other colleagues and outside counsel on matters relating to the application for, and maintenance of, trademarks.
- Working with outside counsel in foreign jurisdictions to coordinate filings and other corporate requirements under local law.
- Working with attorneys and other colleagues on corporate and other projects as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Professionalism, integrity, good judgment and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative without close supervision.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and calm presence under pressure.
- Responsiveness to multiple and ad hoc requests with strong sense of urgency.
- Team player with ability to interact effectively with all tenure levels and across functions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and Word.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- NY Notary Public license preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience with a law firm or in-house preferred, with experience in New York and Delaware corporate matters.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 /year